Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 2- Something you love about yourself

So extreme. I guess I love that I can usually walk into any situation or room and make friends. I'm social, but have noticed that I'm becoming less so as I get older. I must be getting crotchety. :) I've always been this way and I think that being in the military only enhanced this. Every 3 years or so we'd move and I'd have to make new friends. These friends were also either on their way in or on their way out. It was almost a frantic situation. Make friends make friends make friends. But I also blame my (past) lack of commitment to relationships on this. We never had to work hard at maintaining friendships since they were so short lived naturally. If you got into a fight with your bff, a fresh batch of bff potential would soon hit the base. But I digress...

In any case, I like that I am a people person. Rebeca makes fun of me for this, and calls me Patty Simcox, but it's only because she's super jealous. *wink* How does she think I got her to succumb to The Stacy? My charm, people, my charm. haha


Grease (1978)
Patty: Oh you MUST think I'm a terrible clod for not introducing myself to your friend!... Hi, I'm Patty Simcox...
[moves to sit down]
Patty: Welcome to RydELL OH!
[sits on Jan's apple. Jan removes it as Patty sits down and shoots dirty look at Rizzo and Marty]
Patty: ...well I hope you'll be at cheerleader tryouts. We'll have so much fun and get to be life-long friends!

2 comments:

K J and the kids said...

Oh my hell....Patty Simcox you don't want to be :) ha ha ha
Maybe just a social butterfly.
Sandy was just as friendly. She was friends with all of the girls and the boys.
Plus she had that great voice. you know. from not smoking or ratting her hair.

I think it's a great quality to possess.

This Mom said...

Definitely keep loving that about yourself! I wish I had been so much more outgoing when I was younger so that I might be more comfortable with putting myself out there now.
And I LOVE that there is not only a reference to my beloved Grease in your post but an excerpt from the script AND a photo!