Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

What to write...

I hate when such a long time goes between my postings.  By the time I come back, I feel like there's nothing to say.  Pffft.  


What's been going on?  Not too much.  Finally back into the post holiday routine.  Isa's taking tennis, talking about boyfriends, getting ready for kindergarten.  Maya is beating people up, yelling at her sister, and commandeering our bed once more.  Rebeca is getting ready for a D.C. trip with a bunch of 13 year olds.  Eek!  And me?  Work, work and more work.  I am still zumba-ing 3 nights a week and hip hop hustling on Mondays.  It's as awesome as ever. 


Ahh, one tidbit of news.  My dar was totally spot on and my Tues./Thurs. zumba instructor came out to me the other night!  It was rad to be right.  :)  So now I have a gay friend on this island.  Since none of you all want to move out here.  You know who you are.  


This weekend I'll be participating in a flash mob.  Rebeca's first response?  "Aren't you a little old for that?"  WTF?  It's for zumba, of course, and I'll be doing a salsa thing.  I'm worried that I'll trip and take the entire mob out, but hopefully that won't happen.  If I get some footage that's not too embarrassing, I'll post it.  Maybe.  


Isa's been asking about how babies are made again.  She is no longer satisfied with just knowing about sperm and eggs.  She wants to know how the sperm gets out of the man and how it gets in the woman.  For fucks sake.  


She tried to have a conversation with Rebeca the other night and ended up thinking that you have to "drink The Liquid" in order to get pregnant and that eggshells will also come out once the baby is born.  


Have I stated before how Rebeca is NOT good at these types of conversations????  Seriously.  Here's a little dialogue from that talk. 


Isa:  So can I control how many eggs come out?  
Rebeca:  What do you mean?
Isa:  Like if I want to have twins or triplets?
Rebeca:  No, your body decides that. 
Isa:  Well I'm not going to have any babies anyway.  
Rebeca:  Why?
Isa:  I don't want to go to the hospital and do all that medicine stuff.  I'd rather go shopping.  


**and scene**  


Today she asked me how the sperm gets out of the man.  She said that she asked mama, but that she said to ask me.  That punk.  These are the thoughts that ran quickly through my mind:  penis, ejaculation, testes, jacking off, cup, porn.  


What would be appropriate to say to a 4 year old??  Can't I ever have a nice, quiet drive?  So, unprepared, I said, "The man has sperm inside his body.  The doctor helps to get it out."  She asked, "Where did you get your sperm?"  And so we talked about the whole donor thing again.  *sigh*  What the hell.  Any ideas to help with the "How does the sperm leave the body?" question?  


Maybe I'll just have her watch this....











3 comments:

Alison (FreshStart) said...

Hooray, a new post! I think it's awesome how much you are zumba'ing. We won't recognize you in your next pictures! :) I LOVE all the sperm and egg questions. I giggled my way through this whole post (which is surely bad karma for my future motherhood!). CAN'T WAIT to see your flash mob video!!!!!!

Kirsten said...

oh my! that little girl cracks me right up! i have no advice...i just laugh....
i wish i had your zumba motivation! I just like to go home and veg. its bad. so bad. you best be sharing your flash mob video cause thats friggin awesome. so awesome it may make me move to hawaii. just sayin.

K J and the kids said...

I want to know how the Doctor "helps" get the sperm out. I've never heard about the helping part. Maybe that's an island thing. :)

I have no help for you....I've been thinking about doing something and IF I do it...I'll of course blog it. but I have no more information than that.
Vague lately ?

I want to see the new skinny you picture.

Reproduction REPRODUCTION give it to me now.

MISHEW ! thanks for posting.