Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Polar opposite posts

Happy post first.
Last night Rebeca and I had a great date.  We went out to dinner and then to The Shins concert!  It was awesome and completely rejuvenated my soul.  :)  We used to go out and listen to live music all the time.  Enter children and that definitely diminished.  *sigh*  So last night was the first concert we've been to in a loooooooooooong time.  It was a blast and we're hopefully rekindling our live music habit.

And P.S.  The Shins female guitarist is a hotty hotterson!!!






----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now for the not so happy post.  

Today while I was on FB I read this article on SheWired.  I followed the link to the authors original piece and I haven't been able to wipe it from my mind all day.  Be aware, if you decide to read it, it definitely has triggers.  The horrors these women faced, are something from my darkest nightmares.  The story made me want to vomit and cry at the same time.  Knowing their love for one another...gave this monster his edge.  I can't even find the words.  I had to call Rebeca immediately and summed it up like this,  "You fucking fight babe.  We will fucking fight."  She didn't want to know exactly what I was talking about, and she didn't need to.  I had to say those words to her.  To let her know what I would want her to do in this kind of situation.  God forbid.  But I had to say those words.  

Women are powerful.  Our love is amazing and our will to survive and live is tremendous.  Also inspiring was the essay written by the woman who survived the attack.  Jennifer H.op.per is more of a woman than I could ever be.  To forgive such a piece of shit...I don't think I could do it.  



Sorry for the up/down of emotions tonight.  :)  :(  :P  
Welcome to my brain.  

4 comments:

K J and the kids said...

I guess she is hot. You took a billion pictures of her. Ok. 2 :)

That story makes me sick. I remember when it happened. ugh !
J sleeps closest to the door so that if someone comes in our room I have time to run. Now (me being next to the window) I have to rethink that.
;-)

Alison (FreshStart) said...

I have read about this before, but never to the extent it is detailed in the article. I am at work and absolutely sick to my stomach, but you are right - it is so important to read it and learn from it and know that there is a plan (even tho it is so fucking sick to have to have a plan like this in place) of how you would act to save each other. I'm glad you shared this, I think I will blog later today simply to share this with as many women as possible. Thank you for reposting it!

AdventuresInBabyMaking said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AdventuresInBabyMaking said...

hey, i left a whole message, then wondered if it wasn't smart to leave that kind of detail out in the open. email me and i'll send you more info :)