Boring as in I don't think you would be so interested in my everyday junk. Are you? Are you interested in my junk? In my trunk? What you gon' do with all that junk?
See what I mean? I'm lame.
But not to fear!! I have an idea.
First, a story. Contain yourselves please.
When I first went to Greeley, Colorado as a young 18 year old (who at the time had junk in her trunk), I encountered a whole new breed of stupid.
Some questions included:
1. Do you have indoor plumbing in Hawaii?
2. Do you have to ride in a boat to get places?
3. Did you have to get used to wearing clothes before you came here?
4. Are all the houses on stilts?
5. DID. YOU. HAVE. TO. LEARN. ENG-LISH. BE. FORE. YOU. CAME. HERE?? *wild pantomiming*
One old lady would not accept a check from me because "we don't accept out of country checks". When I told her that Hawaii was a state, she replied, "I didn't hear about that."
Ummmm okay.
It was a long first semester. I also got called a harbor bomber (Rebeca does still use this as a term of endearment) and people could not figure out what the hell I was.
You're not Hawaiian? No, I'm Japanese. You're from Japan? No, from Hawaii. Where were you born? Panama.
All in the name of education. And love.
I know what you're wondering...what the hell are you going on about, STACY!?
Gay 101, my friends, Gay 101.
Whenever Rebeca, or I, have to do a little edumacation with people we say that we had to do some Gay 101. This introduction course has also led to Gay 215 and Gay 328, for more evolved questions.
Luckily for my students I'm ALLLLLLLL about talking about The Gays. Unluckily for Rebeca's, she can be a little mean if the mood strikes her. Which is often, and may be accompanied by a withering look and rude gesture. She is NOT the Ambassador of Goodwill that I am. *wink*
So in the interest of showing SOME PEOPLE (KJ!!) that I still blog, I will attempt to do a online Gay 101 course. I'll answer some of the questions that I've been asked so that Penelope in Kuala Lumpur can have a little glimpse into lesbian life.
No, I don't really know a Penelope in Kuala Lumpur, but that doesn't mean that she doesn't exist! Open your minds people.
Well hot damn. The girls are now up from nap. I've blathered on for too long, thus you'll have to wait for the next installment. And I welcome all questions about anything related to pretty much everything. I'm an open book people. Take advantage.




4 comments:
i have a question... why do lesbos move so far away from their friends? *sad face*
ps. sorry on behalf of my people. im sure 99.9% of those hawaii questions came from a haole.
pps. to be fair... as a jersey girl, i get asked question #3 all the time.
Japanese - Hawaiian Shlamian. Isn't it one in the same thing. :)
Thank you for posting. I'm premenstrual....I feel an angry post coming on.
I've heard people confuse Hawaii as not being a part of the United States as well.
48 contiguous states is hard for some people to get past.
Umm...Hawaii isn't a country? So I don't need a passport?
I can't wait for Gay 101! Around here we call it Basic Training and I'm looking for a nugget or two to add!
so alex's friend moved from utah to new york city in the 90's and was constantly encountered with people assuming the west literally still consisted of cowboys, indians, and horse drawn carriages.
Post a Comment