Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Fuck being "sick"

I'm about done with all these downer posts.  Sorry all.  :)  And I'm also kicking myself for saying that I don't "know" you all.  IRL, no.  But I get to be a part of your life, just as you're a part of mine.  You get all the crazy that is Stacy.  You lucky, lucky people.  :)  

I never thought of diabetes (or diabetuss as Wilford Brimley says) as a disease.  I just looked at it as I was fat.  My friend recently told me that after her gastric bypass, her diabetes went into remission.  And that blew me away.  To think of it as a chronic illness was something I had never done before.  And I didn't like the idea.  I still don't.  I think that if I only think about it as being fat, I have more control.  I like me some control.  

So fuck you, stupid disease.  Or fat.  Or whatever.  I'm going to work my ass off so that I can get off all of my meds.  And I'm definitely looking at food as the enemy.  Even though it's so damn good.  *grin*  

This song was my anthem the summer the ex and I broke up.  I listened to it for the first time, in a long time, today and it empowered me again.  Love love love it.  





6 comments:

This Mom said...

Tears in my eyes right now... I want to stand up and shout YES! And give you a high-five and a huge hug :)

rachelleykins said...

I’m usually a lurker. But this (diabetes) really
hit home. I was just diagnosed just over 4 weeks
ago. What a SHOCK. I’m not the sweet one, that’s
Barb. I’m the rice and potato one. Not even thinking
“carbs”. I’ve been working my ass off as well. Rejoined
Weight Watchers and started swimming 30 mins 5 days
a week. I believe we can both kick this disease in the butt.
Good luck.
Rachelle

Stacy said...

TM- I'll take the hug and the high five in about 5 more weeks!! :)

Rachelle- Thanks so much for the comment! Yes! We can do this!! I'm not into sweets really either. Carbs are my drug of choice. :) Good luck to you, as well!

K J and the kids said...

So you'll be buying a guitar and black leather pants ? ;-)

You so got this girl.
and um yeah. we know more about each other than a lot of people do IRL. So that makes us closer. no ?

Rachael said...

Sorry to hear about this new development. As a new reader, I don't know all the ins and outs yet of your journey, but I look forward to cheering you on in the start of this one. I got your back!

Next in Line said...

I can't seem to get past the robot tester. It is possible I am not human afterall.

Anyway, what the comment I was trying to send you was something like, "you go girl! Make the changes that you want and make them good ones that bring more happiness and health into you life."

If I manage to post this time I will take it as proof of my humanness. Hopefully we can meet up. We are counting down the days until we leave for Hawaii.