I'm actually not THHHHHAAAATTTT drunk right now, but I'm definitely under the influence. :) My bestie, Carla, and I thought that it would be a great idea to have a get together for all the parents in our kids class. You know, to get to know one another outside of being someone's mom or dad. There are 25 kids in the class and we only had 11 rsvp and show up. A few had to cancel at the last minute.
So we got together at a great restaurant in Waikiki. All was going well...people were laughing, talking...having a great time! Then one dad showed up, who is actually Carla's friend from when she was in kindergarten. He was already trashed and proceeded to get much more inebriated.
What's my revelation?
Men are pussies.
This dude kept getting louder and louder and more and more drunk. He was dropping the F bomb like nobody's business and was making people uncomfortable. The waitress remarked that he needed to quiet down and he just got annoyed and more aggressive.
This was a group of people who didn't really know one another. We're on a "hi" basis if any. But you know who kept telling him to shut up and quiet down? The chicas. Even though we didn't know this guy (except for Carla) we had no problem calling him on his shit and trying to get him cut off.
The guys? They all honored their Code of Dickdom and said nothing. They didn't want to look bad, of course! But to me, they all looked like a bunch of wusses. And I know, the drunk guy would have probably just gotten more angry if challenged by a man, and maybe it would have gotten ugly. But really?? You can't even say, "Dude, chill!"
*sigh*
My drunken revelation isn't so much a revelation as much as it's a this-guy-was-a-total-douche vent. *grin* But whatevs. For the most part it was a great night. I got to drink, had some laughs and ate great food. Yay!

2 comments:
I'm sorry he ruined your night. Some people just can't handle their alcohol. (mental note : do not get shit faced with Stacy...you are sure to act like an ass. be entirely too loud and obnoxious)
I LOVE Betty White.
I wish I could say I'm surprised by your experience but sadly, I'm not... I have seen this exact scene play out more than I would like to admit and it always involves some total douche bag acting like a douche bag. I tell you, that Betty White knows what she's talking about!
Post a Comment