Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Monday, December 10, 2012

My Maya

Scene:  Tonight driving home.  Maya is chilling in her car seat, occasionally humming.  

Maya:  Mommy?  When will Baba get fixed?  And not be died anymore?  
Me:  Oh baby, when people die they don't come back and live anymore.  Baba was too sick to get better.
Maya:  But why?  She's been sleeping a long long time.  
Me:  When people are too old or too sick, they sometimes die.  
Maya:  But I love her so so much.  

*tear*  
Love this kid.





3 comments:

Jersey said...

i just wanna hug her!!!

K J and the kids said...

What a sweetheart. I have wondered how life without Grandma has been.
I'm glad she remembers her and loves her.

Anonymous said...

Aww. Kai and I have similar conversations about her grandparents. It's cute and heartbreaking at the same time.