Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Warrior Dash 2013

This weekend we have a bunch of birthday parties to go to, a Girls' Day brunch to eat and hopefully some down time.  Last weekend some friends and I did this...

This is how we looked at the beginning.  



We were supposed to be going for a Party Rocker theme, but I didn't really understand what that all meant.  So I just went for 80s.  :)


This is us coming off the finish line. 




And this is us after we rinsed off.  Still completely disgusting.  I had a mud pie in my sports bra.  


It was a lot of fun.  Normally I'm not the running type, and I wasn't that day either.  If I'm running someone better be chasing me.  Like in rugby.  Did I want to get smashed by a 7 foot 356 lb. woman??  No ma'am.  So I ran my little ass off.  

For Warrior Dash I dashed, then dotted and then just dribbled.  But my goal was to finish, and finish I did.  And faster then like 500 other people.  I blame my pathetic time on the fact that I haven't worked out since before Christmas.  That's a lot of time for lard to secure itself to my frame.  

My goal for next year is to run A LOT more.  Can someone come and chase me? 



7 comments:

K J and the kids said...

ha ha ha
That is hilarious that you only run when chased.
I suppose you couldn't mentally tell yourself someone was chasing you either.
At least your scenario involved a rugby player and not the cops !

I'm proud of you.

More Than Words said...

LOL! I was just telling my friend (a marathon runner), that the only way I would finish a marathon was if Jason or Freddy Krueger were chasing me, haha!

Looks like you all had some fun!

kari said...

You go, girl! Awesome!

I don't do mud, but Debbie did.

http://adayisshort.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-am-warrior.html

Kirsten said...

You're the shit.
That's all.

Anonymous said...

I am SO jealous! I can't get anyone to run with me here so I'll just have to live vicariously through you. Congratulations!

Debbie said...

Congrats on the Warrior Dash! So much fun! I also meant to get back to you from a comment you left a few weeks ago, but I cannot figure out how to email you from our blog. So... just wanted to let you know that you were not intrusive at all with your questions. Nothing to be sorry about! I like challenging questions that make me think.

I don't think I have any little cousins in Hawaii that could be your student. But you never know! Jamaica actually has a lot of Chinese and a lot of Chins. There were at least two other Chins in my class growing up!

Allison said...

There is an app, I believe it's called Zombie Run, which will yell at you that there are zombies coming for you every so often (so you run faster). I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to use it to increase my running speed! ;)