Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

The New Normal

  
 



Yes, the bullshit above is my new life.  Remember my post about all this a few months ago?  Okay, 7 months ago.  I was supposed to go in for a blood test riiiiight as we were leaving for Colorado in December.  Needless to say, I never took the blood test.  I know.  I suck.

Up until now I've been dodging calls I've been playing phone tag with my doctor and nurses.  The other day I bit the bullet and answered my stupid phone.  Then it all happened so fast. 

She signed me up for a dumb class after I conceded that it was time to start shooting myself up.  That call was yesterday.  The class was this morning. 

I arrived defensive and pretty fucking mad that it's come to this.  I'm a pretty bad student.  I don't pay attention very well.  They said we could bring someone with us, but I like to do this kind of stuff solo.  In case it involves emotions or something like that.  ha.

The class was 3 hours long and we had to practice giving ourselves an injection.  Whooooooeeeee.  As I held that needle in my hand I totally needed a minute, and a few deep breaths, before I could do it.  I held my fat between my fingers and stabbed myself.  It didn't hurt at all!  Two big dudes couldn't do it, so I felt pretty fly.  :)

When I left the class I felt...good.  Hopeful even.  I learned a lot and I feel like I can really make the changes that need to happen.  Although I do refuse to eat brown rice.  Ugh. 

Rebeca wants to know if I'm gonna get track marks on my stomach.  :D

So that's that.  We'll see what happens. 


2 comments:

K J and the kids said...

Shit. It starts with insulin next it'll be allergy shots and that will lead you to cortisone.
(sigh)
It's a slippery slope my friend. Injecting drugs and enjoying it. More importantly being good at it.
I hope you stay on the right path. The only path. The one that will control your sugars.

Good luck !

;-)

More Than Words said...

Boo. I would imagine that having to stab yourself would suck quite a bit. I'm sorry you're having to deal with all this crap but I'm sure it will help you to feel better and stay healthy, so that's a plus.

Isn't it funny to see how much more wimpy boys are than girls? LOL ;)