Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Friday, September 4, 2015

40 is the new 75

It’s been a little while since I last wrote.  I’ve lost my groove.  So much has happened since my last entry, but every time I think about writing, I get tired.

But just in case anyone is still reading this swag, I’ll catch up. 

At the beginning of July we went on vacay.  Rebeca’s youngest brother got married to his bf in Mendocino.  We stayed the first part of the week in San Francisco, right near Haight Ashbury.  Awesomeness.  Haven’t seen that much pot in a loooooong time.  I think the girls both had contact highs for most of the trip. 

Butters the Cat

Chinatown


Golden Gate Park

Owning the BART

Maya's go to Whip Nae Nae


We drove to the campground (where they were getting married) on a Thursday and I didn’t have a non-alcoholic drink until Sunday afternoon when we were back in the City.  You know what happens when a 40 year old drinks like a 20 year old?  Bad things, my friends, bad things. 

The wedding was fantastic.  Three days of it!  When gay boys throw a wedding…it becomes an Event for sure. 



I was quite unsure about the whole camping thing, and that feeling never quite left me.  As I’ve stated before, I am not a “camper”.  I like the idea of it..but the follow through is a bit too much for me. 

We stayed in an Adirondack cabin.  Have you heard of these?  It has 3 walls and a roof.  3 walls.  The part with no wall is a piece of canvas.  You know, a tarp in which a bear can roll my body in and have a Stacy burrito.  That’s what I stayed in for 3 nights.  Hence the staying drunk. 



All in all it was a fabulous time.  The wedding extravaganza was a bit NSFW and reminiscent of a Burning Man/Woodstock.  I only kissed Rebeca, though, so be proud. 

When we got back from our trip I had a few days of recovery, went back to work for a week and then promptly got shingles. 

What. The. Fuck. 

At first I thought it was just a mosquito bite, but then the area started to burn and Rebeca said that it turned into a rash.  I went to the doctor and right away she diagnosed me as being an old falling apart lady. 

I was out of work for about a week and just tried to stay as still as possible on the couch.  It sucked ASS!!! 

And really the rash and blistering is nothing.  What's horrible is the PAIN.  Major pain.  It felt like a bolt of electricity was entering the tip of my nipple and then shocking my right boob.  The soreness was constant, like after working out hard, but the electrocution would take my breath away. 

Now, over a month later, my right boob still hasn’t fully recovered.  There’s still some twinges of pain and my nipple gets really hard out of nowhere, but not in a good way.  No Bueno.  It’s been off limits to Rebeca so she’s been in mourning. 

What else? 

The girls started school at the end of July.  3rd and 1st grade.  Crazy shit. Isa is still the perfect student, Maya…is not cutting anyone.  

Ice cream after their first day.


I also finally found some ovaries and told my mom that we’re planning on moving back to Colorado next summer.  It went well and I think she understands that this is best for our family.  The girls are sad, but after the San Fran trip they did get a little more excited.  It was really nice being reunited with the In-loves.  

Cousin time!


Oh and a pic from the day that I officially turned old as shit. 







3 comments:

meridith said...

yay and we missed you. write more.

K J and the kids said...

Oh my hell the details. LOVE the details.
First of all....love the wedding. I didn't know her bro was gay. 2nd of all the picture with the cousins (assuming) can you say mini me to Rebecca. Girl in maroon.
3rdly....I'm sorry that your breastacles are broken. :-( That makes me sad.
And last...40 SUCKS !
Told ya.

Stacey said...

Happy belated birthday.

I agree, you can't party like you're 20. It's not good.

I hope the move goes well. I kind of wonder why you're moving from freaking paradise for Colorado. LOL.