Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

What movie is this from?

The word for today is job. J-O-B.


I need to get my shit together and write a cover letter and update my resume. Today. For real. No. For REAL.
As soon as I play on FB a little bit. ha

I'm thinking of starting a gay parenting group on this island. The other night at dinner Isa saw a little girl sit down with
two women. My dar didn't go off, but she exclaimed, "Hey Mommy! Look! That girl has two moms too!" I just agreed with
her because, poor thing! The only other couples I've seen are ones that one woman had a kid from a dude and is now with a woman. And when they break up, she'll be with a dude again, have another kid and then on to the next woman. Not that there's anything wrong (there is) with that, but I'd like to know other parents who have gone through a similar process as us, or have adopted. Is that super snobby of me? Probably is.

Pride is next month and next to Denver's it's so tiny. Maybe a couple hundred people. Such a difference. I think I'm going to try and volunteer some time. We need some gay friends in a very bad way!! All we do is hang out with our little family and although that's wonderful, we're getting a little lonely. I have my high school/college friends, but it would be nice to know some gays.

Isa and Maya's b-day party is next weekend. We weren't really going to do anything, but Isa really wanted a party. And since it's on Maya's actual b-day we had to include her too. So it's a joint party, the first of many. Isa was reluctant but since she's being able to make all the decisions regarding decor and food, she's made peace with it. We're just doing something small, but in Hawaii there's this odd culture of having to invite people for numerous ridiculous reason. Hurt feelings and all. So we're looking at about 40-50 people when really I just wanted under 20. *sigh* For Isa's first birthday we had about 100 people. First birthdays here are nuts!! Truly.

But I digress. All I really meant to post was my little "Friday" quote. The best movie ever. :)

No comments: