Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Friday, June 25, 2010

What's up in our casa

Taking my blog-to-do list day by day...

By age:

Maya
-walking like a pro. Isa says she "waddles like a penguin"
-climbs anything and everything
-has 4 top and 4 bottom teeth. For a while she looked like a little vampire since her top
fangs came in before her buckers.
-has started on 2% milk because she's chubby. I was SO looking forward to drinking some
whole milk!
-Says "mama", "mommom", "baba" (what they call my grandma), "mummum" (for food), "ball", "bye"
"hi". She's more of the strong silent type.


Isa
-starting preschool in August
-likes to say "Actually Mommy/Mama..." aka "Your stupidity amazes me."
-Still loves to listen to Alicia Keyes in the car when she is getting tired.
-Walks primarily on her tippy toes so I'm afraid she's going to have the widest feet of any 3 year old on the planet.
-Only wants to wear "fancy" or "sparkly" clothes every day.
-Wants to go to ballet, hula and taiko class.
-Recognizes all of her letters and numbers. She's starting to sound out words and also likes to write her letters.
-After a visit to the allergist she can now eat everything except nuts, shellfish and straight up eggs. She's been having real
cheese these last few days and has been loving it. No reaction either!!! Whooo hooo!


Rebeca
-teaching US history this coming school year
-will have 3 weeks off every 9 weeks!! Lucky ass!
-Thinking of going back to school for her Phd. I WILL NOT call her doctor. Well maybe if there's role playing involved. heh


Stacy
-applying for J-O-Bs.
-I had 2 interviews with a school I really like. Still waiting to hear back.
-how sad that that's all I have to contribute about me and Rebeca :P


Things on the homefront are going swimmingly. I'm the house geisha still and I can't help but smirk a little to think of the piles of laundry and dinnerless eves when I return to work. MUAAAHHHHAAHAHAH. Just kidding. I'm sure it'll be fine.

It will be a little sad to think of Grams at home all day by herself again. She and the girls are extremely close and they have such a good time together. First thing Maya says when she comes out in the morning is "Baba?!" And off she goes to hunt for her. It's really cute. Whenever I question our decision to move here, I think of these moments. It's so important that they have this time together. And it's so important for us to document it for Isa and Maya later on. They have brought so much happiness to my grandma. I've never heard her talk about her own children so much and I've never heard her say "I love you" as much as I have in this last year. It's extremely special.

No comments: