Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Isa v.3

Tonight while we're making dinner.

Isa:  My friends always ask me why I don't have a dad.
Me:  And what do you say?
Isa:  I say, my mama met my mom and they wanted a baby.


Rebeca is thinking that the "donor talk" will have to happen relatively soon.  She would prefer it to happen on one of our car rides...meaning just me and Isa.  Not.  So we're discussing about how we're going to go about it all.  It's going to rock her world in a big way, and I'm scared of the fall out.

In Maya news.  She whacked a classmate in the face with an ukulele today.  *sigh*  That's about how she's rolling these days.


6 comments:

Kirsten said...

the first thing i thought of after reading your maya news was lilo kicking the crap out of the redhead in lilo and stitch!

K J and the kids said...

What a smart little girl :)

Can't wait to hear how your "talk" goes !!

Stacy said...

Kristen- Pretty much she's exactly like that. lol

KJ- Smart, yet still only 4. I can't wait to see how it goes as well! :) Any suggestions?

NiaCP said...

Just know that the "talk" is not over in one talk. Be prepared to hit the subject over and over again as they take it in slowly and bit by bit. I have had the talk many times and it is always amusing. Have fun!

Stacy said...

Kelly- Oh I totally know that! Especially with Isa. :) She brings things up that we talked about months and months ago. I'm sure it will be a conversation that will reoccur for years. Yay! :)

Next in Line said...

Good luck with the first of many "talks." Have you seen any good books for really young kids?