I guess I'm not as apprehensive/wary/defensive as Rebeca is. So I just finished writing this lady an email. I told her that we both thought that no one else had gotten pregnant with the donor and so we've been caught a little off guard. I told her that we'd be open to exchanging medical info and maybe a picture at a later date.
I also said that we mostly likely won't tell the girls about their possible half sibs because of Maya's age. Especially since she stated that her son would be "thrilled to know that he has half sisters." Too familial too fast.
Her son is 5 months older than Isa and she's due with another boy in the next couple of weeks.
To answer the questions:
We are on our cryobank's sibling registry. We've been on it for a couple of years, and never thought there were any other kids out there. We'd check the big name one too, and nada. So I guess it kind of left our mind that there was a possibility of this happening. That's how this woman got Rebeca's email and knowledge of our girls.
I guess she's pretty legit. But I'm keeping the info that I'm giving her very minimal until I know more about her. I just told her about the food allergies and eczema. And that was about it. I've googled her and FB searched her, but haven't found anything. Yes, I'm stalker like that.
Other than that, we'll see where this goes. Rebeca isn't really thrilled about any of this, but I think it's...interesting. I'll keep you all updated.
5 comments:
Interesting. We have contact with lots of donor half sibling families and have met up with some. We even went to Disney with some. So far it's been a positive experience. We introduce the kids as having the same donor--their mommies needed to use a donor to have a baby and they used the same one so a little of what makes you, made them too. It's all been very positive. But whatever you're comfortable with. :)
You may want to Google and Facebook the email address you responded to her with in case she stalks you! Then you'll know what she can find. Is your blog linked to that email???
You don't actually get their email addresses and they don't get yours when you do it with the registry.
It all goes through the registry.
The only way she can get your email address is if you give it to her to exchange info and pics.
We were leary at first too. I've since embraced it. I love having the little faces to look at.
You can always have a little....or a lot. It's all up to you :)
I think you're right to be wary, but I'm glad your also open a bit.
The medical info swap I consider to be a really good thing.
And when your girls get older, they may want to know. That can be up to them.
I dont think you're a stalker, I think you're cautious. I would keep hunting around to find her.
*putting on my brass knuckles* oh hell naw.
Post a Comment