Today my smoochie pie face turns the big 6 squared. What happened to my 24 year old? *sigh* Wasn't it just yesterday when we could drink ourselves under the table and then still have energy to smoke a few packs of cigarettes after having mind blowing sex? Those were the days. Ha.
For an early birthday present, Isa brought up the origin of her being yesterday morning. I was still drifting in bed. SCORE!! She asked, again, why all her friends had a mom and dad, and she didn't. Rebeca, told her about having a donor and what that meant. Isa took it all in, asked if the donor lived with us until she was born and then shut down to process. Rebeca told me as I slowly got up and informed me that I'd probably have to do some damage control. She is NOT good in these types of situations. *grin*
We had our annual Sakata Christmas lunch and then I had to take Isa to a birthday party. As we were driving, I decided to bring it up to get it over with.
Me: So I heard you were asking Mama about having a donor...
Isa: *silence*
Me: Do you have any other questions?
Isa: No.
Me: Okay, well if you do, you know you can always ask me or Mama anything.
Isa: What if we dressed up Cole as a chocolate donut for Halloween? And then we gobbled him up!! *laughing*
I know that she's processing as we speak, and she will for quite a while. And then one day, out of the blue, she'll explode with a ton of questions. Hopefully I'll be asleep during this time. heheh
She had a fantastic time at the party! It's her 2nd one in two weeks, and only her 2nd one that's been non-family or friends. You should have seen me last week calling people in a tizzy. I didn't know if I was supposed to stay with her, or drop her off. Such new territory, these birthday parties.
Here's a couple of pics from yesterday. She wanted to live there.


2 comments:
Happy Birthday Rebeca.
24 ? OMG so young ! IT was literally just yesterday that you were partying then.
I want to live there with her. That place rocks.
I need to have this conversation with Syd. She's old enough to know. She's asked and I have changed the subject, blown her off, and just side tracked her.
That'll be next. An early Christmas present to my daughter :)
It looks like she had a blast, how fun!
We've talked to the kids about the donor and how they came about many many times throughout their lives, but just this summer we pulled out the donor profile form and shared it with them. They were curious and interested to discover the traits that they appear to have inherited from him, but they really haven't brought it up since then. It's an ongoing process and you just have to keep assuring her that her questions are okay and you won't shy away from them.
Post a Comment