One day a couple of weeks ago, an aide in my class called me over to look at a child. I'll call her Bella. It was during nap, and Bella was sound asleep. She always falls asleep right away and doesn't move much during the 2 hour period. She pointed at something on Bella's leg. It was a handprint. Very distinct on her left thigh. I touched it and it was indented as if she had pressed against something hard for a long time. It didn't look like a smack, but like an imprint. I went and got my director and we all puzzled over it. How the hand was positioned, would have also made it impossible for Bella to have done it to herself.
When Bella woke from nap it was still there and she was completely unaware as to how it got there. It didn't hurt her and she wouldn't have noticed it unless we pointed it out. When her dad picked her up an hour later, there was still two fingerprints left. Her dad thought nothing of it and took her home. Here's a picture of the hand. I took it while she was sleeping, for documentation.
We chalked it up to...well it was completely unexplainable. But we did think it was something paranormal. I had heard that handprints, bruises or scratches could be a sign of a jealous spirit. We waited to see if something like this happened again.
A week ago, my afternoon aide dropped her daughter off in the morning. I'll call her, Jane. (Jane is in my class and usually sleeps next to Bella during nap.) When my aide had gone to wake Jane up that morning she noticed this on her leg.
It's the same hand. This one was much more detailed as you can see the lines between the finger segments. But you can tell that the pinky is very spread out just like in the first picture. My aide measured Jane's hand to the print and her baby brother's. No match. It's definitely a child's hand though.
My aide took Jane to see her aunt who is like a kahuna or healer. She blessed Jane and said that the spirit who did this was a child who was jealous that s/he couldn't play anymore.
My co-teacher and I think that it's Jason. Remember the little boy who was in Isa's class last year? Jane and Bella were also in that class and Jane often played with him. My aide remembers him as having chunky little hands, very similar to the handprints. It's both sad and sweet. Oh and a little scary.
We're supposed to sprinkle Hawaiian salt in our classroom to help him find his way to "the light". We haven't done it yet, but I have talked out loud to him, telling him that it's time for him to go on. It's all so sad.
What do you think?


6 comments:
Wow, that's incredible. When I looked at the pictures, I noticed it was the same hand right away. I believe in spirits. Here we smudge our house if we believe there are spirits.
i do believe in spooks! i do believe in spooks! i do i do i do!
Ok but really thats crazy stuff! My grandparents had a spirit hanging around their house for years. Maybe Jason is missing school :(
His hand looks like Em's! Short, stubby and a separated pinky finger! (a characteristic of Down syndrome.)
That's spooky. I hope he moves on!
That is FREAKING me out. I'm so glad you took pictures.
It helps put a clear picture in our mind.
Jason wasn't downs was he ?
Is there a downs child in the class ?
That is seriously just crazy shit girl.
Nope, he didn't have Down Syndrome, but he did have very chunky, squarish hands. :)
Stacey- We smudged our house in Colorado. :) Can you invite me to read your blog??!!
That is so neat!!! Of course, I say that from the safety of my spirit free home ( or so I seriously hope!!) in CO. Off anything else happens, please post about it....it's fascinating!!
(ps I-25 meet up, you say!?!? Yes, please!!)
Post a Comment