The past few weeks have been quite busy and eventful. I'll break them down into neat little segments so that you can read them at your leisure. Or you can totally bow out, like I would. Just kidding. Maybe.
Item 1: Private school aka Holy Shit We're Gonna Be Homeless
On April 20th, we got Isa's acceptance letter to the only private school we applied to. A big one. The one the president went to. My mom REALLY wants her to go to this school so she's helping foot the bill. It's an amazing place, and Isa will really thrive here, but let me tell you, I'm gonna have to give a LOT of blow jobs to be able to keep her there. So when you see me walking those Waikiki streets, please give a sister a couple of dollars.
I looked for on campus jobs for her, but they don't let them work until they're 14!! What the hell? Seems a little lazy.
We went to a parent reception and felt a bit...ghetto. :) Rebeca said it felt like the "sugar tray incident" of 2007. Do you know what a sugar tray is?? Let me digress.
Rebeca and I like, okay love, to eat out. We enjoy a nice dinner and we clean up pretty well. We at least know which fork to use for what.
One night we went out to eat for Rebeca's birthday. It was a faaaaaaaaabulous dinner and at the end, Rebeca ordered a coffee. With the coffee came this...thing. A sugar tray. We had no idea what the hell it was for, or why there were so many "sugars" on it. We felt pretty stupid and...ghetto. :)
That's how we felt at that reception, for a little while. Then we just didn't care anymore. It'll be fine. My co-teacher's son is also going to kindergarten there, and they're just as poor as us.
By the way, here's a sugar tray.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Item #2- Birthday Staycation
Since Isa and Maya's birthdays are so close, we try to have one combined event. We'll try to do this for as long as possible. This year, they wanted to go to a hotel instead of having a party. Fine by me!! Less stress for sure. So we booked a weekend get away at the Hi.lton Ha.waiian Vil.lage. It was blissful. We went Friday afternoon after school and stayed until midday Sunday. We mainly stayed by the pool and the girls had a blast. A few of my co-workers came and met us on Saturday and a couple of them even got rooms. It was an invasion and a lot of fun.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the last couple of weeks my grandma (dad's mom) died suddenly and so did Rebeca's cousin, Connie, of a drug overdose. It's been a little overwhelming. But we're all handling it well and are doing fine. :)
On Sunday, Rebeca leaves for a week to D.C.. She and a few other teachers are taking a huge group of 13 year olds. Sounds like hell. *wink* Then in August she's going to San Diego for 5 days for a training. *sigh* I want to go somewhere!! Anyone want a house guest?
I guess that's about it. We took the girls for their physicals this morning. Two sets of shots. Yay. I was just happy that Isa didn't puke. Although she almost did. She gets so pale...
Stats:
Isa 42 inches tall, 36 pounds
Maya 37 inches tall 31 pounds
Isa's right eye was a assessed at 20/40 so we'll have to make an appointment at the optometrist. She's hoping that she'll need glasses. Anything for an accessory!
If you made it this far, you must be really bored. ;)






4 comments:
NO...not REALLY bored. Absolutely interested and plus I've missed reading your blog.
Geesh.
Ok, so I had my own idea of what the "sugar tray" was. I think you had my mind going in that direction after you offered me sexual favors for a few dollars.
Side note. can you work at this school to help pay for tuition. I mean....why not. you are working any ways....maybe it would be financially doable. Plus you'd get to be with your girls again. Just a suggestion.
Oh and do play the single mother with kids card. Maybe you and your ghetto ass can get some financial assistance. A scholarship or some shit :)
Syd wants a retainer. but either way...I get the accessories part.
The mini vacay looks awesome. How fun.
Did I tell you how much I've missed hearing from you :)
I must be really bored. It's almost 1am here... actually, I've been prepping for a client meeting next week, and I still have a ton to do, but I'm procrastinating.
Loved the staycation. That's one of the places on our list for the fall.
We're starting to think about private school, too, and it's super expensive here. Ugh, that's a whole 'nother thing though.
Here's my brilliant idea... Write Obama! Maybe he'll give you a scholarship?? I second KJ...can you teach there instead? You can always come to CO for a visit but really...you are in Hawaii for chrissakes...if you can't get away, go to the ocean and enjoy it a teeny bit for the rest of us landlocked folks :). The girls are looking beautiful as ever and I'll be damned if I knew what a sugar tray entailed??? You're not alone!
Congrats on being accepted to The School of Schools! :) Do you have any idea how difficult it is to have a kid get accepted into Kindergarten there? She's going to have a blast!
Post a Comment