Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Monster In-Laws as my background noise

I really do love to watch this sort of stuff.  :)  


Remember this post?  So, last night we went on one of our late night movie dates and saw The Avengers.  Most of the boys in my class have watched this and I'd heard that it was pretty good.  And you do remember how Rebeca is a huge nerd and knows about these things?  I am now even more confused.


Are the Avengers like X-men?  There was a Batman trailer before the movie, where does he fit in with all of this?  Superman?  Wonder Woman?  Since the X-men are mutants, are they like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?  Do they know each other?  Is a superhero a person with special powers?  Does Batman even have special powers?  Or does he just have cool stuff??  


I could go on forever, but Rebeca just makes fun of me.  I thought last night's assortment of "avengers" was a little odd.  There were the two human assassin people.  How were they special?  


Then there's the demigod people.  What?  


Is Ironman new?  Or is he old school like The Hulk and Captain America?  And how is The Hulk a superhero when he's all psycho when he changes?  


The little mysteries of life...


Another mystery?  My daughter Isa.  She is an enigma.  Today during lunch she was happily eating her udon. 


Isa:  Mommy you know what I really don't like?
Me: (thinking it was something about her food)  What?
Isa:  When girls wear tennis shoes with dresses.  It just doesn't look good.  
Me:  What?  Really?  
Isa:  Yeah, you know like Kinsey and Leilani.  Why do they do that?
Me:  Maybe because it lets them run fast.  And just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's wrong.  Right?
Isa:  Hmmmm....
*sigh*





1 comment:

K J and the kids said...

ok so I didn't watch or follow any of the pre shows. wait. I had watched Iron Man. but none of the others.
and I LOVED Avengers. LOVED it. Thought it was HILARIOUS !
and I have the hots of Robert Downey Jr. a little. :)
I love Isa.