Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Magically Delicious Queer Theory


Ah the leprechaun!!  It was pretty crazy for sure, and not at all creepy. 

Maya’s “becoming” was pretty similar to Isa’s.  Complete with awkward elevator ride and sperm cleaning. 

BUT first we had an experience... 

We arrived at the clinic that morning, not as anxious as we had 14 months prior.  No early morning coming out surprises or even traffic for that matter.  We’d dropped Isa off at school so we could fully concentrate on the morning’s duties.  In all honesty we really thought that there was NO way it would work on the first try again.  I mean how lucky could we be? 

We stood with a group of people, waiting for the elevator to go upstairs.  As I looked to my right at Rebeca, I saw Him. 

He was maaaaybe a trifle taller than me (I’m 4’11”) and he was wearing a long sleeve black turtle neck tucked into black pants.  He had on a black bowler hat (haha at first I wrote bowel) and he had RED RED hair!!! 

Not only that, my friends, but he was whistling a little tune!!!!  I swear on us!  I pretty much stared like a fool and told Rebeca she should go and and rub his belly or something.  It was all quite exciting.

I was hoping to get on the same elevator as him, but alas our magical encounter had come to an end.  Did he have a hand in Maya’s conception??  

Or maybe it was just my expert plunging once again.  


*****************************************************************************
Gay 101 pt. 2 


Here’s another little question we get asked from time to time. 

“But who is the REAL mom?” 

Here is the conversation that usually occurs:

Person:  Yes, but who is their REAL mom? 
Me:  We both are…
Person:  I know, but, you know…who is the real mother? 
Me:  Well, Rebeca gave birth to them…but…
Person:  Oh!  *nods with a new understanding of our level of importance* 


**Now imagine those squiggley wavey lines in a TV dream sequence. **

Idiot:  Yes, but who is their REAL mom? 
Me:  We both are…bitch. 
Idiot:  I know, but, you know…who is the real mother?
Me:  *punches them in the neck* 
 Annnnnnd scene. 


5 comments:

Kirsten said...

I have yet to get the "real mom" question exactly. I have been asked several times which one carried. That one feels a bit more thoughtful to me.

K J and the kids said...

So violent. sheesh.
;-)
It's better than people assuming one of you is the grandma. (poor J)

That wasn't a leprechaun. That was Rumple-fucking-stiltskin. Dude could have made you RICHER than your WILDEST fantasies.
ah well.
Exciting that you saw him I guess.

More Than Words said...

Ugh! I get asked this all the time and it pisses me off especially when I answer, “we both are” and the person asks again as though I didn’t understand their question the first time.

The 2nd question that disturbs me most is, “so who is the dad”? First off Gracie doesn’t have a dad and really, secretary at my office, you think I’m going to give you the details on whose sperm helped to create my kid? Some people…

In these scenarios I prefer the TV dream sequence! ;)

AdventuresInBabyMaking said...

Two on the first try?? Lucky bastard! :)

Stacey said...

LMAO at the dream sequence. Soooo get that. The "real" mom is annoying enough but at a gathering of lesbian families we had that encounter repeatedly. You'd think they'd at least get it, right?

I'm with the poster above. TWO on the FIRST TRY? Did you plunge a sperm right up into that egg or what? Lucky...