Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Too tired to zumba


*sigh*  So much to write. 

First of all, the photo on the postcard was a complete surprise!  When we were at AIDS walk a lady asked to take their picture and so we said sure.  Little did we know they’d be gracing the front of some mass mail!  Pretty damn cool.  Isa, of course, was beside herself after she found out that alllllllllllllll the people who were at the walk received it.  I think she’s already found a publicist. 

*****************************************************

A humongous word !!!! to Kristin about the “daddy” question.  And I can’t believe Stacey got this kind of crap from fellow Lesbos.  *shakin’ my head* 

To me a “daddy” or “father” implies a relationship.  Isa and maya have absolutely no relationship with their vials of seed.  That’s just gross. 

Now that the girls are older, especially radar ears isa, we always correct those who use the term “daddy” or “dad”.  We make sure to say, “they don’t have a dad, they have a donor” or, “the donor is Japanese”.  I think it’s important to make that distinction.  I don’t want the girls to even remotely think that they have a father.  It would be dishonest and maybe even a little harmful. 

What do you think?

*****************************************************

today was the last day of school for most of my class.  It was a very emotional afternoon filled with tears and more tears.  The kids, of course, could have cared less. 

This year was way harder than last year!  I think it’s because our parents were super amazing and the class was totally fabulous.  My coteacher has become one of my besties and my aide was irreplaceable.  We were definitely a dream team. 

The Fab 3


And now the dream is over.  After one epic year, it’s done.  My coteacher, Carla, landed a tremendous new position and my aide had to quit to help her in-laws with their puffed rice business.  Seriously.  I know it completely sounds like a pearl s. buck novel, but it’s fo realz here in Hawaii.  *sigh* 

I’m moving over to a classroom of my own and they’re hiring a new chick named staci (with a heart over the “I”) to be carla.  Since my director won’t let there be two stacys in a room, I’m being evicted.  I kinda don’t mind actually.  I fussed a little just to be sassy, but I’m a little excited about it.  When staci with the heart goes down in flames I won’t be a part of it.  Just kidding.  Sorta. 

Whatevs.  I’ll probably be her best friend in like 5 months.  Stay tuned….

So it’s been a sorrowful day.  I didn’t cry, of course, but I did try my hardest!  I will definitely miss this class and their parents. 

Just how wonderful were these parents?  One mom gave me a strapless dual dil.do as my thank you gift.  Yep, she really did. 

Awesome.  

4 comments:

K J and the kids said...

are you fucking kidding me....you got a dildo from one of the moms ?
OH MY HELL that is hilarious.
Nothing says thank you like a vibrating bullet.
I should have got that for Syd's single never been married 50 something teacher. She could have used it. DAMN IT...I'm always one step behind.

I absolutely love that :) ha ha

Have fun with Staci with a heart ;-)

Kirsten said...

That is truly amazing! I wonder what she was thinking standing there in some sex shop browsing lol! It will definitely be hard to top a group of parents like that!
My family still uses the terms dad and father. We always correct them but it never seems to stick. Boo.

kari said...

I think that it's important to help people see beyond their own paradigms, and make the paradigm shift to see other family structures are not just to be compared against theirs in terms of what is not. (No father. Non-bio mother.) This is probably really tricky.

"In our family, both parents are mothers. We used a donor's DNA to conceive."

Appreciate your boldness.

Dana Salvador said...

I want my kids to have the Fab 3!!!! That picture is absolutely ADORABLE!