Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Even twiddling my thumbs would be something...


At this very moment...…  I. Am. So. Bored.  And how does being this bored make me feel?  Pathetic.  Utterly pathetic.  Why you ask?  Because today is the first time in over 5 years that I have had a whole day to myself.  5 long years.  I know to some of you moms out there, 5 years isn’t shit.  But to this lady, it’s been a long haul.  I must add that Rebeca has 2-2 ½ weeks off every 9 weeks.  So don’t even try to wonder if I have it better than her (KJ!) 

What have I done with this precious time?  Pretty much nothing.  I dropped Isa off this morning at 7, took Maya to school, hung out there and finished my lesson plans until almost 9.  Then I went to eat breakfast.  I sat in a restaurant looking VERY busy on my computer, but actually I was just cruising FB and catching up on blogs.  Then I sat in my car for a few minutes trying to win at some Song P.op.  I suck at Modern Rap, if you must know.  I got my oil changed and then trolled around Barnes and Nob.el for about an hour.  Sat in my car again for another few rounds of Son.g Pop.  (I don’t’ know why I think I know 90s Alternative.)  Pathetic.  Now, I’m loitering in a library, again looking VERY busy on my computer, until I can go and pick up the girls.  I actually could go now, but I want Isa to do some After School Care since that will be part of her routine starting Monday. 
*sigh*



What the hell has happened to me? 

It is 2:25 so I think I’ll go pick up Maya. 
To be continued…


Now it’s 10:24 on a Friday night and I’m about to get into bed and start reading book 2 of the Fifty Shades of G.rey trilogy.  Have you ‘mos read this stuff??!!  Holy smokes.  I feel so violated.  But in a good way. 



I think Rebeca gets weary when I read these sorts of things.  Our conversation last night:

Me:  Hon, what do you think about genital clamps? 
Rebeca: WHAT?! 
Me:  Genital clamps, you know for sex.
Rebeca:  What the fuck…. Ow!
Me:  Does that mean no?  Nipple clamps then?  How about some light flogging? 
Rebeca:  What is that shit you’re reading?  You sicko.
Me:  You’re so vanilla for a Latina!  How did I get the most boring Mexican in the world? 
Rebeca:  You’re stupid.  What are we having for dinner?

But I think I might have talked her into some blindfolding.  *wink*

*************************************************

In other news, Isa’s first day of kindergarten was yesterday.  She’s so damn old and sassy.  *sigh*  Rebeca and I thought we would cry, but it all happened so fast there was no time.  This is the first time we’ve been separated since she was born!  She’s always come to school wherever I’ve worked.  I’m having a hard time trusting anyone with her.  *bleh*  At least I still have Maya for 2 more years.  If she doesn’t get sent to juvie hall before then. 



I have a bit of a confession.  Since most of you don’t know me in real life, you’ll probably think this is slightly psychotic.  Those of you who do know me, well…you won’t be surprised.

I’m a bit of a stalker.  I prefer the term Intense Individual Researcher.  In any case, I’m pretty damn good at it.  I have found out soooooo much about Isa’s new teachers.  Most of which I will have to remember not to spew out on Parent Night.  Rebeca thinks I’m a freak, but does she turn down any new info I find??  Noooooooo!!!  Of course not.  She’s just sad that her investigative skills are lacking. 



Whew I feel better now, confessing that.  I think I’ll like her teachers.  They seem to have a good sense of humor, they drink and use the word “fuck” liberally.  What’s not to like? 



7 comments:

K J and the kids said...

:)
You make me so happy when you blog.

I was thinking. as you wrote pathetic. your name is living hy-pothetic-ally ! Just saying.

I TOTALLY think your wife has it easier than you. There would have never been a question about that.

I'm also glad that we have wives to keep us grounded. and also to keep us from hanging swings and mirrors all over our bedrooms.
You and I together could decorate some pretty raunchy rooms for Ann Ramplings house :)

and apparently....after we were done decorating...you'd be the one hooking up the spy cameras.
Nice touch.


Dana Salvador said...

I have some names for you to look up in your very snoopy way. I can totally see you sleuthing your way into all kinds of trouble.

Glad you had a day off, but I could think of better things to do than get the oil changed in the car...I think that still counts as "work." I don't think it's pathetic, just a little unimaginative:) Come to ABQ, and we'll find more exciting things to do on a day off!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

My partner is also a private investigator extraordinaire. I can't count the number of times I've had to pretend I knew someone less than I actually did. "Oh, you have five poodles? That's so sweet. What are their names?" When I totally already know there are 5 poodles all named Jeffery one of which is hairless. We can blame my wife for that.

I think you both missed your callings.

Next in Line said...

You are hilarious. Thanks for this post.

More Than Words said...

"How did I get the most boring Mexican in the world?" LOL! You crack me up!

Anonymous said...

what the fuck???? i don't drink and swear!!! you crazy stalker!!! you better spill!

Stacy said...

HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!! I told you, there's not really a blog. And there's nothing about you.... Shoo!!