Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Tips on how to do IT when all you want to do is sleep, watch tv, face.book, eat, read, floss your teeth etc....

I'm sure some of you remember the trials and tribulations of my life last summer.  It was a dismal time in casa de Stacy.  Because of some of my more depressing posts, KJ came up with the LBD Challenge.  *horns trumpeting*  She said to DO IT 4 times in ONE MONTH!!  What the hell?  Unheard of.  

But, because I'm a competitive person by nature, I told Rebeca that we were gonna do it at least once a week.  I wanted to win! That month, we didn't quite make the quota, BUT the quality was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up there.  It was fabulous.  And since then, we've pretty much kept it up.  We try our hardest to be consistent once a weekers, but sometimes life does still get in the way.  The point is, we're cognizant of this.  Before- we weren't.  

For some reason, this time, it stuck.  I have no idea why.  Maybe because the girls are sleeping better.  We're being kinder.  We're making more time for one another.  I don't know.  

Or maybe it's because Rebeca has finally reached her sexual peak. haha   I've always joked with her that we must have missed her time.  But in the last week, we've done it almost every night.  EVERY NIGHT PEOPLE!!!  It's like we're back to being 25.  It's super crazy and I'm not going to complain.  If she's having an affair and this is all guilt sex, then thank goodness for the bitch ho she's doin'.  

Kidding kidding.  

So tips, Meredith?  I don't have any.  KJ seems to be the All Knowing Queen of LBD tactics.  She should probably write a book, or teach an online class.  How about a vlog?  

I'm so happy that sex doesn't end just because kids come along.  And we have the BIGGEST cockblock around.  Maya can be completely asleep for hours and the minute we kiss, she's coming into our room.  It's uncanny and extremely annoying.  





4 comments:

K J and the kids said...

Being dubbed the queen of LBD is not exactly something to be proud of.
Sadly. It's big. It's universal. and nobody is safe from it. (straight and gay) although I suppose LBD doesn't apply to the straights. SBD. and now I'm a 6 year old boy and laughing hysterically because silent but deadly is the only thing coming to me.

ANY WAYS ! It's funny you said this because after having drinks and dinner with friends last night we had decided to come home and "ahem" and it's been a while and I was excited. I was also trashed. (lightweight) When we got home Syd and Ryan were both sleeping soundly in our bed. nice. So I put Syd in her bed and went to the bathroom to clean up. Remembered my earlier biopsy. and with that came blood. the last drink I had suddenly caught up with me and so I washed my face and went directly to bed. We both of course said...we'll do it tomorrow night. Right after getting the kids to bed so we'll have some time. Totally. That's what we'll do.

We'll see.

So. remove the crown and placing it on your head. You. YOU are the queen of ending LBD.
Take it and run !

K J and the kids said...

P to the S.
LOVE that picture ! Hilarious.
I think it should be her poster picture while campaigning for class president. :)

Anonymous said...

KJ - that totally happens to us!

Stacy, thanks for the thoughts. I think we should be taking advantage of our time now, while RR is still confined to a crib. We don't even have the excuse that she's a bad sleeper. She goes out like a light at 7 and we don't hear from her again until 8 the next morning. Usually. That leaves time for a lot of aheming. That said, I think D is still dealing with the death of her mom in April in a way that means we're not connecting like that. I haven't completely given up! Also, congratulations on a week of awesome!

Stacey said...

You are awesome. Every night? Wow. I am lucky if it's once a month. And it's not. We have AWFUL sleepers in our house. I guess we should do it right when they go to sleep. It's so hard.

Love that picture.