Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Misuse of the bullet

I guess it doesn't really count as a bullet if it's only one and it becomes a whole post.  ha ha     Whatevs.  I do what I want!  But because I feel a little bad not doing "bullets" correctly, I shall post 2 things in this one.  That should count, no?  

*  We've decided to take Isa out of her mega expensivo school.  Yes, it is an AMAZING place, but, as a family, it's just too stressful every month trying to make the tuition.  One can only give so many blow jobs!!  I'm gonna have TMJ soon!  When we started throwing around the idea a few months ago, I felt sick to my stomach.  But, now, I feel really good about it.  Relieved even.  I don't think I ever felt completely good about her going there.  Yes, I was proud that she got in, but there was always that sense of "WTF?!  This is too much!  All children should have these experiences."  Oh yeah, guilt.  

I'm not ashamed to say that we're bowing out because of financial reasons.  At least it's not because Isa got kicked out or because I was too embarrassing for their PTA.  *grin*  It is what it is.  We were also thinking about Maya.  How could we NOT apply her in a year?  So, it's just better all around.  


* Rebeca and I are tossing around the idea of trying to move to Europe in a couple of years to teach.  We're researching Dept. of Def.ense jobs and are pretty excited about the prospect.  We want the girls to see the world and we think this would be an excellent way to do so.  We're leaning towards the Netherlands, Italy or Spain.  Places where we'll fell safe as a family.  Topless beaches would also be a positive.  ;)  

Bonus bullet!!  

**  We also did a family photo shoot while we were in Colorado.  It was our first time getting pictures done professionally and it was a great experience.  It was FREEZING but the girls did pretty well.  I told the photographer to edit out my muffin top, but alas it was still pretty puffy.  Rebeca was in charge of our clothes so that's why we're so matchy matchy.  I was just happy to be able to wear jeans.  












9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you guys are a beautiful family!! such adorable girls!

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kari said...

beautiful pics! (sorry for the deleted comment; I didn't know I was signed in as Debbie)

Anonymous said...

LOVE this family! Hate that you want to pull Isa out, but I totally get it! Want me to do the blow jobs for you? You know, take one for the team??? Oh crap. I don't know how. Sorry. I'd do (almost) anything for you! xo

Anonymous said...

Terrific pictures! I totally hear you on the school tuition. It is brutal.

K J and the kids said...

And you can't get the single mother discount. you know, because you aren't recognized as a couple ? Just roomies :) I've told all of my neighbors that my kids will scholarship into these big expensive private schools. what with a single mom with no income :) ha ha ha
I can dream.

I LOVE the pictures. I'm so grateful to your wife for coordinating. You all look beautiful.

I wish that I could go to Europe. It would be so nice to have the option. I do hope you do it.

Jill said...

Beautiful photos! I love all of the green. :)

More Than Words said...

What muffin top?! These pictures came out great! I love that the girls are always so happy. It speaks volumes for the kind of home they grow up in. :)

Kirsten said...

Darling darling DARLING family! We always talk about sending Asher to a private school and then we realize...well we are poor. :) She will learn and grow wherever she goes to school.
Also, if you move to Europe, who will we visit in Hawaii?