When Rebeca and I found out that Maya was a girl, we TOTALLY talked about how we would NEVER compare them. We wanted them to get along... not resent one another or compete. Because, of course, that would be bad. We promised that we would never ever ever...
Ha.
I can't help it!! They are like night and day. Complete opposites in almost every way. And I find myself thinking, almost daily, about how they are so effing different. Like they're two separate people or something. Oh wait...
And it pains me to say but sometimes I wish that one was a little more like the other.
Case in point. Isa goes to bed. And she stays (usually haha). She doesn't cry, whine, argue throw massive fits. Nothing. She loves her sleep, although she would never admit it.
Maya does all of the above and it drives me insane!! She's always had sleep issues, and I wonder what the hell we did differently to create such a nighttime monster?! Oh wait...two separate people.
Isa is socially awkward and is definitely NOT a hugger to people other than her family. Maya is Miss Aloha and will chat it up with anyone who will listen. She gives hugs and kisses and has always been a total love bug.
Isa has been an old person since birth. She's always been careful with her belongings, independent and could speak like a pro when she was 2.
It's so weird to now have, Maya, who seems so babyish in comparison. And I really really really really try to remember that Isa is an old soul, and that Maya is perhaps the norm. But when I hear her little elfish voice and have to deal with her fits, I can't help but think "Isa NEVER acted like this!"
I'm horrible.
Another example. Isa would throw you under a bus in a heartbeat. She likes to be "right" and she's a freaking horrible tattle tale. Don't ever rob a bank with her. Maya, on the other hand is loyal loyal loyal. She is gangstah!
One day a few police officers visited our school. One of them has a couple of kids there so he's always around. He's also HUGE. 6'7" and just ginormous. Intimidating to most people. He was asking the 3 year olds if any of their moms or dads talk or text while driving. A bunch raised their hands, including Maya.
Jose- What Maya?! Your mom talks on her phone? I'm going to have to give her a ticket.
Maya- No. I didn't say that.
Jose- But you raised your hand.
Maya- No, I didn't.
She will straight up lie if it involves her or her familia getting in trouble. *sigh* We're screwed.
Another scenario. The other day she had to hold a teacher's hand for a little bit because she was being naughty. I asked her about it later that night.
Me- So Maya, did you have to hold Ms. Mickie's hand today?
Maya *goes stone faced*- Why? Did you see me?
Me- Did. You. Have. To. Hold. Ms. Mickie's. Hand?
Maya- Did you see me?
She could be standing over a dead body with a bloody knife and will deny that she had anything to do with it.
These two girls.
Where am I going with this post? I guess it's just a confession about how I TOTES do compare them. Not out loud in front of them, but I do tend to yell a bit in my head.
Like, "ISA WOULD HAVE NEVER EATEN THAT PIECE OF RICE OFF OF HER FOOT!!!" or "MAYA IS WAY LESS EMBARASSING AROUND STRANGERS!!"
Kristin's right. Never say never.

4 comments:
Maya is hilarious ! "did you see me ?" I loved HARD at her little lies/omittances. Girls gotcher back fo sho !
Having kids with different personalities helps to remind us that we are but a vessel to bring them to this world. They are their own people.
Maya IS hilarious. She's going to be the sorority sister that nearly gets expelled. Just today we were saying that Vince is going to be the frat boy pissing of the balcony. We were wondering if we'd get our tuition money back if he gets expelled. Maybe we should send Maya and Vince to the same school so they can get in trouble together... or then again maybe not! :p
Ha, love this! I can only imagine how the "never say nevers" will grow and change when baby #2 comes along. I'm very much like Maya, I will deny, deny, deny... If needed, lol.
Both your girls are adorable!
Post a Comment