They really, really are!! I had my doubts, but Kirsten and Alex proved me wrong. haha I got to meet these snazzy ladies a couple of weekends ago. I know I should have blogged sooner about our grand ass time, but I needed to process our time together. Marinate if you will.
Kirsten has had me excited about their trip out to Oahu for months now!! Originally we were going to camp a night or two *gasp* but unfortunately (thank goodness) that fell through. Hence her "ruining Rebeca's life". Since there wasn't going to be any outdoor sleeping, Rebeca was quite ambivalent about their arrival. heheh You know how she is about my online meet-ups. In short, she thinks I'm cray.
And this time I was almost convinced that she was right!! Kirsten had me imagining that I was being catfished. She wouldn't let me call her. I thought she was a he. Finally I stalked them down to a secluded beach in order to shower them with island goodies. She wasn't a man AND she was definitely the same person from her blog. *whew* So glad that I wasn't going to get killed by some psychopath and that Rebeca wouldn't be able to say "I told you so!" to my headstone.
I enjoy being right.
I had taken the day off to spend with them, but Maya had to go and come down with walking pneumonia. I think Rebeca had something to do with it. Instead of frolicking at the beach, I got to spend like a bazillion hours waiting at Kai.ser. Grand time. Grand time.
Instead we decided to meet up on a Sunday. They drove to my house to park their car and we all piled into my CR-V. We started the day with some mac nut pancakes with haupia cream sauce. De-lish!! Of course we took the picture AFTER we had eaten, making us look like a bunch of hogs. Notice Rebeca is in the picture and even smiling. She, weighed her options, and decided that a morning SANS kids was worth meeting crazy interweb people. She's evolving I think.
I then thought it would be "fun" (for them) to do a hike. The one I thought of, only Rebeca had done and said that it would be a hellish time. SO we decided to do the Manoa Falls Trail. *Ugh* It was gorgeous and HOT and lovely and FRICKING HOT. I got mud on my hands people!!! Poor Utah-ians got to hear me kvetch and sob for almost the entire 57237528 miles. They were also being mean and waiting for me to fall on my ass in the mud. Not kind. We did the damn hike and I think I may have sweated off about 34 pounds. Only for you, ladies!!
After the walk of death, Rebeca and I took them to one of our favorite shaved ice joints. Uncl.e Clay's Hous.e of Pu.re Aloha. For the reals that's the name. Uncle Cl.ay is a precious precious fellow. He loves to hold hands and gazing lovingly into your eyes. You should have seen Kirsten's sly hand off to Alex. Smooth operator that one. The shaved ice is just too damn good to pass up, so you just deal with a little fondling. We didn't take a picture there because we were too busy stuffing our faces.
These chicks were hella cool and their kid was too freaking cute. He only smiled at me in the last moments of saying goodbye. But really deep deep deep deep down, he loved me.
I would totally hang out with them again. They're full of all kinds of factoids about Utah and it's inhabitants and I enjoyed schooling them on the island ways of life. Like, no not all of Hawaii's hookers wear clear sandals. Those things, you won't find in From.mers!


3 comments:
Too too funny. I meet up with internet people too. It's awesome.
I want to visit one day.
I was CERTAIN that you were talking about a visit with me when referring to Utahn's visiting and then I saw the pictures and realized it WASN'T me. WTF ! This is one of those moments when I realize there are lots of people on this great big earth who blog and are lesbians...with kids. but I had hoped that I would be the first to visit.
And you know. This is bull shit because I'm in fact NOT the only lesbian with kids in Utah. There are a freaking butt load of us. BUTT LOAD ! and so we shouldn't all be expected to go to meet you. You should be here meeting all of us.
(deep breathing)
(finding my happy place)
(aaaaaand. found it)
So. Looks like fun. Glad you guys could get together and play.
(fake smile)
I have arrived to add my 2 cents!
*Rebeca now has new BFFs and she knows it!
*Hawaii and Stacy are the shit.
*Stacy loves hiking in the drenching, muddy heat.
*Fuckin' haupia cream saaaauuuuccce!
*Mormons want Hawaiian homosexuals to come for a visit.
*I miss you, Uncle Clay
Post a Comment