We're having a sad time over here. It's been going on for quite a while. Today I actually thought about what it would be like if we split up."
That was written on the 12th. We've had a lot of difficult talks, tears and revelations. Her therapy is the best and worst thing that's ever happened to us. Best because she is understanding why she does what she does, and feels what she feels. Worst because it's Work, and takes a toll on both of us emotionally.
Holy fuck has it been emotional.
And while I have my doubts and question our future...Rebeca never does. She says we're "solid" and she NEVER feels uncertain about Us.
Never.
How can she be so sure? Is it personality? Is it because she loves me more?
She's so definite.
And that's why, even when there's blog silence and unhappy times, I never throw in the towel. Because I know that she'll stick her hand out and bring me from the depths of my neuroses and insecurities.
That she'll be my life raft during these times and I'll return the favor in others.
When we bought our rings we also decided that the other "half" of them would be new tattoos. Marital ink, if you will.
She's believes in our Always so much, she got hers done the other day. My appointment is tomorrow.
| Rebeca's marriage tat
|

3 comments:
Marriage is hard, especially with kids. I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone. My wife does therapy and sometimes I feel like she shares more with her therapist than me and I feel more left out in a way. But there are ups and downs and things pass and you work hard and get through it.
Love that tattoo.
And there is so much silence on KJ's blog ... :-(
Margrit- I've checked in. She's doing great, just super busy. :)
Post a Comment