Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Quick Update


Recently I have gained two titles in my life. 

The first, being Coach.  Yes, yes.  I’m living the lesbian stereotype dream.  I am the head coach of Isa’s 8U softball team.  We’ve had a great season so far.  Losing pretty much every single game, but improving each time.  I thought that it would be stressful, and that I would feel completely lost, but I’ve discovered that I really like coaching.  My days on the field have come back to me like they were yesterday and I’m reliving my glory days.  Haha. 

I’ve also always wondered why most softball coaches around here are men.  And mostly grouchy men at that.  Not always fun to play against. 
 
 

That’s title number 1. 

Title number two is slightly more stressful.  I am now the Director of one of our preschools.  We have 7 sites and I’m heading one of the larger ones with 100 children.  My last day in my classroom was this past Friday, and my first day at my new position was Monday.  Yikes.
 

 It was an emotional last day for me.  My class was/is so awesome and I adored the families!  To leave was definitely a difficult decision to make.  But, in the end, this was an opportunity that I could not pass up, both professionally and personally. 

One of the cons is that now I have to dress up a little.  I had to go clothes shopping which I LOATHE.  But I suppose it is time. 

So there you have it.  I’m becoming more and more grown up as we speak. 

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!
-low_jen

Spring said...

Congrats on both new titles!

K J and the kids said...

Girl...you so grown. I hope that your pocketbook is growing up too :-)

More Than Words said...

Congrats on the promotion, Coach!