Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Perfect Not Perfect


KJ had a great idea (as usual) about creating my Perfect Relationship List.  I’ve been thinking about it all day and can’t come up with things that aren’t just a liiiiiiiiittle bit gross or generic. 

Like:  “Able to pee in front of one another, in the shower.”  Or “Able to ask the other person to pull out ones tampon.” 

Of course in a perfect relationship both people should be equal partners, be completely turned on by each other, respect and adore one another blah blah blah. 

Rebeca is perfect for me because she is not scared off by my “shit”. 

I am bossy. I am stubborn.  I am uber sensitive.  I tend to distance myself rather than confront the situation.  I give the silent treatment.  I get mean when I fight. 
I am not everyone’s cup of tea. 

BUT Rebeca can put up with these traits without compromising herself. 

Rebeca is selfish.  She is stubborn.  She is tactless.  She can be mean.  She is apathetic. 
BUT, I can put up with these traits without compromising myself. 

 
She is perfect for me because:

She lets me boss her around sometimes.

She lets me be stubborn a lot of times.

She makes me feel better when she’s hurt my feelings.

She makes me laugh when I’m giving her the silent treatment. 

She lets me be mean and then lets me apologize. 

She lets me know that I am HER cup of tea. 

 

I am perfect for her because:

I let her be selfish sometimes. 

I let her be stubborn a lot of times.

I tell her when she’s being tactless and she hears me.

I let her be mean and I accept her apologies.

I let her be apathetic about some things.

I let her know that she’s the one for me. 

 

As perfectly not perfect as we are, we work. And for us, it’s pretty perfect. 
 
 

 

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Is she blogging again? I miss her.

Great post and I think it's honest and true. We are meanest to the ones we love and we forgive because we know that sometimes we lose our shit.