Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

'Sup Boo


You know that feeling when you have soooooooooo much to write, but don’t know where to begin, so you don’t, and then more things happen that you want to write about, but then there’s even more….  Yeah.  This.  Every.  Day. 

I have no idea where to begin.  The last post I wrote was a bummer of one for sure.  In case you’re wondering, Dee has seemingly blossomed!  She’s going out, being active and is actually moving overseas.  She’s living life out loud for sure!!  I defriended Rho shortly after because she started posting homophobic shit that I just... couldn’t.  Rebeca got into a verbal sparring with her at one point.  It was immensely hot.  Haha  Anyway, there’s no reasoning with her and I’m happy with the memories that we made when she was sane. 

October came and went.  Isa was a fake vampire for Halloween. I say fake because she wouldn’t let me put ANY blood on her and only a light dusting of face powder.  *sigh*  So lame.  Maya was a zombie.  Rebeca made her shirt and I had a field day with her face.  At least one of my daughters cares about my need to make them look gross!! 



November….. all I remember is turkey.  It was good. 

December was when shit when down. 

Our super good friends Carmen and Monica were visiting and we had a blast playing tourist and beaching it up.  We also had a photo shoot since Monica is an UH-MAZING photographer.  I loathe taking pics and she said that I was a difficult subject.  I don't think that's true.  



"Who would wear their underwear more than 2 days in a row?"









One day they were hanging out and asked if we had started applying for jobs yet.  Rebeca freaked out and applied for something right then and there. 

And she got it.  Fuck. 

We didn’t know it was for right away, but thought for the following school year. 

Fuck. 

So, we did what any good lesbians do in a stressful situation like this.  We got married and she moved to Colorado 5 days later. 

We obviously never do anything until kicked in the ass and this is just what we needed in order to finally make it legal. 

Over the years we’ve always discussed what kind of wedding we wanted.  Me:  Full blown affair complete with massive party.  Her:  Nothing. So in an attempt to be considerate of the other, we never did shit.  Until we "had" to.  Yay love!  

In this state of emergency we left it to fate.  I FB'd a status update announcing our PopUp wedding.  I posted a date, time and location and that was it.  No stress, no mess. 

And it ended up being perfect.  Around 100 people showed up, our good friend officiated, there was a whale breaching in the distance and an albatross that kept flying above.  The weather was fantastic and the sun set soon after the ceremony.  It was very much Us. 










For the next 3 months I’m single mom-ing it.  Rebeca is staying with her sisters and we will join her in June after the girls get out of school.  Our renter moves out at the end of July and that’s it.  We begin this new chapter. 

Thank God.
 
Although I will achingly miss Hawaii, I know that I’ll always come back.  That’s a given.  But right now, this move is what we need as a family, and definitely as a couple.  It’s been a rough few years and we need to reclaim our lives. 


I’ll keep my post about my mother another day.  

4 comments:

Meridith said...

I love everything about your pop-up wedding except that I couldn't come. Congratulations again!

K J and the kids said...

You didn't mention the part about Hawaii voting for Trump. I thought you might put that in there. :-)

LOVE all of the pictures. Can't WAIT for you to be close so that I may visit and smoke and or eat brownies.

Great update. Quick and painless....now onto the mother.

kari said...

Congratulations!!! Wow--what a whirlwind!

Stacy said...

That would have been soooo freaking amazing to have you there!!