I’m so
stupid. Like so so stupid. Maybe I was drunk or under the influence of
some other substance. In any case I’ve decided that my little family is going
to do the Whole 30 thing. I’m on Day 2
and would kill a mother fucker for just one goddamn triscuit.
Rebeca and I
are on the extreme end of living life. We’re
either all in or fucks no people. So, of
course, I pick an extreme type of lifestyle to embark on in this early 2018
year. Idiot.
Isa is super
interested in doing this with us but mostly so she can seem all knowing and “hipster”
amongst the 5th graders at her school. Since we won’t get her a cell phone, she has
to have something to make her seem worldly.
Or whatever. When I told her that
it means no more ice cream, she almost pooped, but remains in it to win
it.
As for Maya,
she needs to eat so we’re not including her.
Plus she practically gutted us all at the thought of no milk. She’s exempted because she’s practically a
stick.
Why am I
doing this? Besides the obvious answer
that is my fluff, I need a good shock to my system. Since we left Hawaii, my fitness has been
shit. I haven’t gotten into a routine
and there are so many more variables that I need to find a way to
overcome. Even though living with my mom
was not ideal, I could at least go for a quick run if she was home and Rebeca
wasn’t. I also used to be okay running at night in Hawaii; here I’m more
cautious and it’s fucking cold.
Sigh.
I know. Excuses. Excuses. What I need to do is join a gym and just
go. Ugh. Don’t get me wrong. I actually
love going to work out. I do! It’s the
getting home, staying there for a little while and then leaving again that is
sometimes hard. But I need to do it
because what I’m currently doing is not working. Ala Dr. Phil.
Being in the
classroom last year was helpful. I lost weight because I was constantly
moving- even bought size smaller shorts
for the summer. Do those fit now? Ummm not so much. Now, I’m sitting at a desk, or in a meeting,
or in a workshop for most of my day.
That’s why the evening workout is so much more important.
See! I KNOW
all these things. Just have to actually
do it.
It’s so hard
being this tired and old.
In other
news. Winter break was fab-u! Got a lot of familia time in and even some couple time. We went down south to stay with
the in-laws and they gave us the best present EVER. Two nights at one of their casino hot spots
just 20 minutes from Santa Fe. SANS
CHILDREN!!! We ate so very much and visited some cool sites.
Meow Wolf is one trippy ass place. It would be a dangerous place to go fucked up.
We also went to Chimayo to get some holy dirt to rub all over my entire body. I wonder if I make a mud body suit, will that help me drop weight?
Meow Wolf is one trippy ass place. It would be a dangerous place to go fucked up.
We also went to Chimayo to get some holy dirt to rub all over my entire body. I wonder if I make a mud body suit, will that help me drop weight?
A couple other pics from our roadtrip.
![]() |
| Bandelier National Monument |
![]() |
| A cool house in Antonito that I always like to go see. |
![]() |
| International Folk Museum in Santa Fe |
![]() |
| Pennywise ain't shit. |
When we got back home we made had our annual mochi making with some friends and braved the cold to do zoo lights. And then I slept for the next 5 days.
![]() |
| I'm officially an old Japanese woman. |
![]() |
| Chocolate mochi! |
![]() |
| Happy New Year! |
![]() |
| A balmy 20ish degrees. |
![]() |
| Frozen Family Fun |


















3 comments:
Ala, you're hilarious! I would NEVER survive the Whole 30. Like, no effing way! I'm sad that we didn't get to connect while you were in NM, but I was busy hating my life with my in-laws... My bro-in-laws were in town and when this happens, I'm forced to spend every waking moment with G's family. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but who the F wants to spend that much time with their mother-in-law?! NOT me. One of the days I had to work a half-day and got shit for that, so there was no way I was going to be able to sneak away for SF. Next time we'll hang - for sure!
I'm counting on it!! I want to take another trip down there for sure and we WILL hang out. Our first meetup/double date was so epic I don't know if we could top it! At least there wouldn't be an obnoxious drunk dude dancing like a moron. We will make this happen.
Dude, too much family is too much family. lol I take drives or volunteer to go to the store.
I smiled through this whole post. Your humor is fantastic. No whole 30. Nope, can't do it. But the gym is kinda working. Like you, I know what needs to happen. Just have a hard time making it happen. Who wants to spend an hour in gym after adulting and parenting all day?
Post a Comment