Since my last post, nothing has really been happening. I could go weeks I suppose, but now that I know that at least 2, count 'em, 2 people may or may not be reading this, I'm going to try and be better about updating. (Hi pals!)
My days consist of one child who won't stop talking and one who won't stop moving. I'm in a constant state of sensory overload, and I'm not even that sensitive! Isa got into a local preschool starting August 1st. Woot! I'm so excited for her since I know how much she misses interacting with other kids. I need to find a job to support this new educational endeavor. It's not a bad school, but of course I'm snobby when it comes to early childhood ed. It IS, though, a fixture in this community and both of my youngest cousins went there. After e-mailing the director, I'm also pretty certain that it is one of the only schools around who won't care about our two mom household. Hopefully.
There is a private school on this island that has an ECE program that uses the Reggio approach. They are hiring for an asst. teacher in the preschool. They are also hiring for an 7/8th grade ESL position. Rebeca already submitted her resume, and I need to do mine. Wouldn't that be cool? If we all got accepted, it would be perfect!! And then we'd only have to find a place for Maya. One with high walls and nothing for her to put into her mouth.
Last week Thursday, our legislature made a surprise move and voted yes on civil unions. The bill, HB444, was shelved at the beginning of the session and we all thought that it was pretty much dead. But very quietly it was voted on and it passed! I'm not getting too excited though. The religious zealots are out in masses and the Gov. still has to decide what she's going to do. She has until July 6th so it could take a while. I pray that she'll sign it or at least ignore it and allow it to become law. I'm hopeful but still wary.
There's a group called Equality 808 who put together a booklet of supporters. I sent in our family picture but I haven't seen it yet. My SIL is in the 1st edition. :) They handed the booklet out to lawmakers on the eve of their vote. It's very cool.
2 comments:
Hey, look...a gay family in Hawaii. I didn't think our pacific coastians could be gay :)ha ha
Good luck on your bill becoming law. And the job(s).
Thanks for the comments on my blog. I'm so so sorry for your cousin. ugh. how sad for that whole family.
I know right?! I think we're the only ones. *sigh* I actually did see another family in that equality booklet. Do you think it would be weird if I stalked them to be our friends? ha
Post a Comment