Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

The good, the bad and the ehh

On Friday Rebeca and I had a day long date.  :)  I took the day off and she's still on her break.  We drove the girls to school, left as Maya loudly protested and drove happily to Kailua.  We ate at Cinnamon's, a place we'd been meaning to try.  How fantastically wonderful was it to have a meal that didn't involve the words "Stop throwing your knife at your sister!".  It was heavenly.  I had the crab cake benedict and Rebeca has the special omelette with spinach, ham and shrooms.  We shared a fabulous cinnamon role but passed on the red velvet pancakes.

Then we walked around a shopping center, finally being able to wander around a bookstore I've been dying to get into.  It was like my utopia.  Books everywhere.  Stacked on tables, on the floor.  It was lovely.  I bought "Two or Three Things I Know For Sure" by Dorothy Allison.


We bought a little something for our buddies who are going to be moms soon!!  And then we headed to the beach.  We went to Kailua Beach Park.  It was so nice not having to make sure no one was drowning or eating coral.  *sigh*  We read our books, swam a little and then read some more.




It was so nice. We had one last little treat before picking the girls up.


We ended the day with a guilt induced trip to Yo.gurt.land.  They're having a Sa.nrio thing with Hell.o Kit.ty and friends spoons.  :)


So that was Friday.  Wonderfully relaxing and rejuvenating.

On Saturday our plan was to take the girls to the park.  It was a day that began with fighting, whining, crying and a multitude of fits.  Lovely.  Hence there are no pictures.  I was completely annoyed for most of the day and neither Rebeca nor I truly enjoyed our children for most of the morning.  *sigh*  Horrible to say, but true.  We tooled around at the park and then went to eat at a mall food court.  There was no way we could take them anywhere resembling a restaurant.  Maya fell while we were there and now has a ginormous egg on her forehead.  They fell asleep on the way home and even went back to sleep once we got home.  So did Rebeca.  *grin*

Today Rebeca had a breakfast to go to for work.  My mom, bf and baba were getting massages so I took the girls to Fu.n Fa.ctory.  We were super early.  :)  They had a great time going on all the rides and playing some games.  The baby air hockey table is so cute!  Oh, and Isa chooses her own clothes.  I did not intentionally dress her in teal and lavender.





1 comment:

K J and the kids said...

To have a day like your friday is like a tropical vacation for us inlanders. :)
I could hear waves crashing and could feel the wind blow through my, albeit short, hair.
aaaaaah.
Better than any calgon commerical.

Sorry that the park sucked. but the salty sea breeze is still lingering in my hair from your friday so it didn't bother me to read at all. :)