Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hallo-what?


Tonight we were perusing the interweb for Halloween ideas.  Isa, of course, wants to be a princess, but we’re trying to gently steer her from that idea.  Or not so gently.  Whatever. 

At first I thought the girls could be Sonny and Cher, laughing at the thought of a chubby little Sonny (Maya).  But I don’t want to think about all those people who will be like, “See!  Those lesbians are trying to turn their daughter gay!  Or into a man!  Effing dykes.”  Maybe that’s just my brain, but after the initial thought and chuckle we nixed that idea. 

Isa kept trying.  Slutty barmaid?  No.  Skanky fairy?  Nope.  Stripper mermaid?  Nuh-uh.  Porn star French maid?  Hellllzzzz no. 

I went off to Zumba and Rebeca and the girls continued to look at costumes and female duos.

When I came home Rebeca showed me what stopped Isa in her tracks and completely took her breath away.  This is what she wants to be for Halloween... 






At least we have 2 months to get this together.  Like I've said before, Isa has the style and taste of a drag queen.  Love her.  

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

your kid rocks. that is all.

K J and the kids said...

I'm thinking Priscilla Queen of the Desert. :)

This Mom said...

I love it! And really, what little girl (and little gay boy) wouldn't want to have Elton's wardrobe??

Next in Line said...

Funny we were just talking about Hallowe'en last night.
Please please post pictures of your families costumes!

Jill said...

HA! I love it!