Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

I realize that my last post was a little slurry, but I really meant what I said.  :)  You all would enjoy me drunk.  I'm a pretty good time.  Well to me, that is.  


Going out that night was much needed, and I love that I could completely let loose and not worry about anything.  I wish I could say the same for my friends.  Even though their children were at home with their HUSBANDS you could tell that in the back of their minds, the kids and their "okayness" was there.  And that sucks!  They couldn't stay out toooooo late and they couldn't get tooooooo drunk.  Because no matter what, they would still be on call.  They would still have to get up in the morning BECAUSE they went out and because that's their "job".  *sigh*  


We were home before midnight.  Pffft.  


I love that I can trust Rebeca 99.9999999999999% with the kids.  That she is an equal parent and that's never a question.  I don't have to feel guilty if I go out.  I don't have to worry about whether or not she can "handle it".  


IT'S AWESOME!!  :)  


And really, what every woman deserves.  


Of course I tried to tell her all of this on our drive home.  But all she could do was laugh and nod.  Quite condescendingly if I might add.  


But that's okay.  Because I knew that a comfortable bed awaited me and that I would get to sleep in the next morning.  


She loves me.  











4 comments:

K J and the kids said...

That's because technically YOU are the husband.
Don't you think that all of your friends husbands don't go out and feel exactly how you're feeling.
Puleeze.

;-)
You are pretty lucky my friend.
I do have to say though.....I do blame having to get up with the kids in the morning to end a night out a little early, because I just can't hang like I used to.

Oh...and I'm sure you are a FABulous drunk.
One day sistah, one day we shall share a drink.

Stacy said...

I'm not going to respond with a swear word because it's you. lol

You may be right, my friend, but I prefer to think of it as being evolved. :)

Plus, she goes out too!! So there. :P

Alison (FreshStart) said...

I for one loved the drunk post. A nd even more so, I love how you and Rebecca seem to have it all figured out so you oth can have some fun! Think of the great, balanced partnership you are showing the girls! How fantastic for them! :)

More Than Words said...

I couldn't agree more! Mamas need a night out every now and then and they shouldn't have to worry about things like, did the kids get dinner... did they go to bed on time... etc. In short, I'm glad you got to get your drink on!

I'm actually forcing the wife to go to a friends party tonight! She's a total homebody, lol!