Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Monday, October 15, 2012

I *heart* straight girls



I don’t know what I would do if KJ ever stopped commenting on my posts!  I would have nothing to write about.  *smile*  

Nothing ever happened between Wendy and I again, although she did comment one night that it had been fun and that we “should do it again”.  We remained friends, she got a boyfriend and I just kept having a great time with my friends. 

Can you imagine dorky me making a move on my straight friends?!  Yeah right!  There was no way.  And for the most part, I had no desire to.  They had nothing to lose, they should have tried to get some.  Hahah

A few months after the Wendy thing I dove into an intense short lived “thing” with another straight girl named Katie.  She was a newbie on our team and we hit it off right away. 

One night we were at a rugby tournament in Wyoming.  Seven of us in one huge bed.  Well, two queen sized beds pushed together.  It was very….crazy.  We were in the middle of the bed and everyone else was passed out.  And we kissed.  And from then on we were “something” on the down low.  She would spend the night and  we would make out for hours.  You know the Boys on the Side CD?  That was THE make out CD on repeat.  I know you’re jealous of my game.  *wink*  We did other stuff and I thought I loved her.  I mean, I did in a way.  In a “ohmygodagirlIlikeiskissingmeback” kinda way. 

Then one day she said that she wanted to date some guy she had had a crush on.  I said, of course!  I knew she wasn’t gay, she had told me enough times.  But could we still kiss, she asked?  *sigh*  So we did for a while and then summer came.  She moved home and I took off for Lake Powell.  She sent me a formal break up letter.  Even though we were never in a “real relationship” according to her.  Right before I left for Lake Powell she made me a couple of mixed tapes.  They confused me even more, having songs like “The Promise” by Tracy Chapman and “True Companion” by Marc Cohn.  What the hell did this chick want from me?  Of course it hurt like hell and I wrote tons of angst filled prose and listened to depressing music.  *grin* 

I went back to Gree.ley after about a year, but by then I was with Cher.ilyn.  That’s another story for another time. 

I am thankful for my time with Katie, though.  She showed me that it was possible to love a woman and be loved (even in her limited way) back.  And now, we're friends on FB.  :) Oh AND she introduced me to the Ind.igo Gir.ls.   

I still love this song.



  




4 comments:

Stacey said...

I love your posts. Keep writing. :)

K J and the kids said...

That's so tragically awesome.
And Katie's straight now ?
You are the ultimate made for TV movie :)
Only the end can't suck with all of your straight girls leaving so we'll need to go into the next journey in your life.

and just so you know...I love that you answer my questions with posts.

This Mom said...

The Boys on the Side is still one of my favorite CD's... And movies.
This peek into the conquests of your past is fun. I pretty much failed at the photo challenge too so I need to find new motivation for blogging. Always reading whatever you write though! :)

dana salvador said...

Since the last few of your posts have been 'back in time' episodes, I feel all nostalgic for our Greeley days....I keep saying to myself--I totally remember that...Or, OMG, I cannot believe she did not tell me that!

hugs and kisses,
Dana