Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Monday, October 8, 2012

I need a new challenge


I have obviously stopped doing the photo challenge. *bleh*   I’m so much better at answering completely intrusive questions about myself then posting a photo on a daily basis. 

*****************************************************************

Of course you want to know about the earring KJ!!  :P  But first things first…

Meeting the ladies from Adventures in Baby Um…Having was awesome!!  I thought I would be totally awkward and nervous, but it was pretty comfortable.  Well at least for me.  They might have thought that I was a total dork.  Isa came with me and we met them for some sushi.  Their twins are ADORABLE!! 

So, unlike having sex for the first time, this was a very enjoyable experience and I would totally do it again!  Who’s coming to Hawaii next? 

*****************************************************************

On Friday night, we went to this big shindig at Isa’s school.  (I didn’t realize it was Homecoming, until last night.  Might have explained the mass of people.)  Anyway, we just went for the kids’ activities and not the football game.  It was a sea, no an ocean, of blue and gold.  A bit overwhelming and I felt a bit out of place in my green t-shirt. 

Rebeca and I are having a bit of a struggle anytime we go to one of these school events.  It feels like so…MUCH.  Does that even make sense?  Ferraris in the parking lot, women in their fancy swag.  But it’s not even all of that, that makes my ears itch. 

It’s the fact that ALL children should be experiencing this type of education.  That the public schools shouldn’t be a universe away from what they’re doing at Isa’s school.  That common sense education and enriching experiences shouldn’t be 20k a year.  The idealist in me thinks that we can work within the public schools to make it better.  That teachers like Rebeca are making it better.  But the realist knows that it’s never going to be like what Isa’s experiencing.  And that’s so sad and definitely not right. 

On the positive side, I love Isa’s teachers and am becoming pretty good friends with one of them. (Hi G-money!)  And I even told her about my stalking…well a little bit.  *wink*  

Not a fan of his hands on her hips...

Inked for life.  :)

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

I want a bloggy meet up! You fersure have to have a layover or something in utah. come on!
p.s. darling girls. that is all.

K J and the kids said...

And then........NOTHING !
Not an earring story nada.
Thing is...I wasn't all lower expectations. I was high expectations. highly looking forward to some funny story of you losing your earring in a bush (wink wink)

Glad that you guys had fun.
We'll have way more fun when you come here. :)

Next in Line said...

Can we be next? Pretty please with sugar on top? We will be there to soak up the sun in December.