Butch. Femme. Boi. Futch. Dyke. Aggressive. Tomboy. Hard Femme. Stone. Gold Star.
Lipstick. Chapstick. Granola. Soft Butch. Androgynous. Power Dyke. Diesel Dyke.
I have a straight friend
who is a cross between Lucy Liu and Andie MacDowell.
![]() |
| Yes, please! |
![]() |
| Ditto |
She’s a hotty hotterson, with jewels on her nails, a fancy
smelling perfume and is always sporting some sassy clothes. She also thinks that she’s butch. *snort* The first time she told me that she was actually
androgynous, I think I might have choked on some spit. And then she said that what she really
felt, was butch.
Oh labels.
When Rebeca and I first
started going out, she told me that one thing that interested her on my profile
(besides my lovely picture of course) was that I had checked off almost every
descriptor that was available.
Some of them included:
sporty, granola, lipstick, outdoorsy, etc. You get the point.
And I checked most of them.
Well except “bear” and “stone”.
What makes us Butch? Or Femme for that matter? Do the definitions still apply?
Why do I have a hard time
believing that my pal is a butch at heart? Is she equating being butch with being “strong”? If so, my feminist brain has a hard
time with that.
I do love me some
butches. Yummy. I think what I like most, is that they
are all woman underneath those jeans and leather. I love the arrogance that turns to sweetness, the short hair
that you can grip in your fingers to pull her closer, the swagger that so many
butches have. *drool*
Of course these are all generalities, but de-lish!
![]() |
| Jenny Shimizu |
![]() |
| Jackie Warner |
And
yet, a femme is also something to behold.
The societal definition of what a woman is, yet they love other women. How marvelous is that?
![]() |
| Amber Heard |
When
I was wishing and hoping for a girlfriend after Che.rilyn, I summed it up in
two words. I wanted a Butchy
Cheerleader. A woman who looked
pretty girlie yet was not on the inside.
And I found her. Rebeca was the perfect combination of butch and femme. She looked like any other girl off the street, yet had the
inner butch that I craved. Sometimes,
Rebeca is a little TOO macho for me, but I guess I got what I asked for.
![]() |
| Naya Rivera They DO exist! |
How
do I identify now? I’m pretty sure
I would still check off all those little boxes. I’m most comfortable in t-shirts and shorts, but I also like
to show off the girls if I’m going out.
*wink* I have always loved
playing sports, but don’t ever ask me about college or professional teams. I have no clue, and don’t care to
know. I want to own a gun, but can’t
bring myself to kill a roach. I’m comfortably in the middle. *grin*
Who cares about all these labels anyway? All I know is that my friend is pretty damn cool. And if she can fix a toilet with a drill AND prance about in her stilettos, then more power to her. She gives being a woman a good name.
(And you're all welcome for the above eye candy.)






9 comments:
My favorite answers on tests were always "all of the above" anyway. :)
I am SUPER butch. and people laugh at me when I say it. but you have no idea my skillz. I can handle home repairs...catch snakes and spiders without flinching...I'm good with wearing crocs and holey levis. Plus. I'm freakishly strong. THAT is super butch to me :)
I don't label to be degrading or put people in boxes. I just like to do it !
My wife is really a man trapped in a woman's body.
She fits the description on more than one level. My straight friends joke with me that she's more of a man than most of their husbands.
truly.
That said.
I want to see a picture of Andie Lui. I'd like to determine for myself the "labeled feeling" I get when I see her picture. You see. I'm a super good judge of character. I will tell you if she's butch.
(that I want to see the combination has nothing to do with it)
Also. Please remember to put names by the other pictures. I'm so not good with names. Besides Andie and Lucy...on the below pics I recognize the first picture but can't put my finger on who it is...but 2-4...not a clue.
I like the movie D.E.B.S for that very reason. Silly, strong, sexy. The cheerleader picture reminded me of it. ha ha
So, I could hang out on this page all day, just looking at these women. Sigh.
Right now I think I'd be happy with a woman, butch, femme or anything in between. I kinda like the butch on the street, femme in the sheet the most.
I've always found lesbo labels very interesting. Take me for example - I appear to be very femme, but what most people don't know is that while I do wear heels and make-up, I'm also the dog poop picker upper, the weed puller, the Jeep driver and the home remodeler... haha! And don't tell my wife I said this, but I'm also stronger than she is, lol!
This is a great post! My girlfriend and I identify as femme, but when faced with what femmes are supposed to like (according to an online group we were asked to be a part of)- heels, lipstick, fashion - we feel a bit like posers, because we don't like any of that stuff! We are girly, just not that girly, and kind of feel like we are in the middle of all the labels. It's confusing!! :)
Laura & Sarah xo
sprezzaturaourway.blogspot.com
I think it's all ridiculous too. My wife and I are similar and we call it "fence sitters." We don't really apply to any category. We're not really girly, we're not really butch. I think there should be a category that represents a mix of everything. Like "I'm a calico." or "I'm a casserole." Yes?
There is Stacey. It's called sporty spice.
Or at least that's how I label girls rocking the fence. ;-)
WTF? Andie McDowell???? Lucy Liu??!!! Ewww!
When I was young and hot, everyone thought I looked exactly like Demi Moore. Part of it was my raspy voice. After going to the doctor and getting an inhaler, he promised to "fix" my voice, so in 6 months, I could "sound like a woman". Crap. Now no one tells me I sound like Demi anymore. I hate that.
I am butch. Hear me roar.
Heart you! <3
By the way, Cassie says I'm "vanilla". Is that a good label?
Post a Comment