Tonight's drive home was filled with philosophical/theological questions from Isa. Great. Who created the world? Who made God? What about outer space? Who's Guadalupe? Does everyone believe in God? Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc.
Then there was this...
Isa: Mommy. Some of the boys at school. You know, Kyler, Sla.ter, Ethan.... they were talking about something. I don't know what. But then they said, "There's no such thing as God!!"
Me: Oh yeah? What did you say?
Isa: I said, "Ooooooh Santa can see you!!"
I love how the existence of God is so questionable, but Santa is a given. *grin*
5 comments:
I love her. A thousand times. And you, for keeping her awesome.
:) These little people and their questions, right ?
Cameron is all about asking about existence and how we were made....outer space etc.
Only his questions will even come up at 3:00 in the morning. He'll wake up and just start asking.
I have issues with the whole God thing.....religion has really fucked up my head. I have to get it straight before I can start handing out advice to my kids.
sheesh.
Santa is real ? why are you *grinning* at that ? ;-)
That just made my whole week! I can just hear her saying it! "OOOOH!" LOL I am cracking up!
"Who's Guadalupe", LOL! That question cracked me up. Being from New Mexico, I'm all too familiar with Guadalupe. ;)
So cute. But of course - she knows Santa exists, she has seen him (and she's right^^). But God?!
I was like this. When my mother told me, "You know, all these Santas in the streets...", I said, "Oooh Mum, I know they're not real. The only real one is the one coming to our neighbours house!"
Post a Comment