Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Challenge Challenged

Shut up.  I know. 

Well here’s a recap of the last billion days that I’ve missed. 
Both girls had birthdays. 

Isa is now 8.  Wanted Farrell’s for her bday dinner.  Only for the ice cream really.  She received clothes, a gc for more clothes and we got her these crazy Nikes that she wanted.  She’s so easy to shop for. 



Maya is 6.  She wanted “that steak factory place” for her birthday dinner.  Aka Stuart Anderson’s.  She also received lots of clothes and we got her the jean jacket she wanted because she’s hardcore like that. 



For their combined bday dinner (from my mother), we went to the Oceanarium restaurant in the Pacific Beach hotel.  Very cool and I love me a buffet.  All 4 grandchildren were thrilled to see their names on a poster in the big tank. 



Can’t believe the girls are so old.  I feel like it was just yesterday that Rebeca and I were getting drunk on the daily.  And now we’re these fucking responsible adult people.  Doesn’t make sense. 

You know what else doesn’t make sense?  That I’m even old enough to have an almost double digit daughter.  Because her birthday is over, Isa is now already saying that she’s almost 9.  Weirdo.  But for real, I almost 40.  I don’t really want to talk about it, but when you have two children that like to incessantly remind you, it’s always there.  Jerks. 

Let’s change the subject. 

#6.  Can you drive?   Hells yes I can drive!!  I do it every day for about 2 ½ hours.  It’s called commuting.  I got my permit when I was 14.5 and my license when I was 15.  That’s almost 25 years of driving son.  (Fuck me.  That’s over half my life.) And only a couple of tickets to show for it.  J 

My first ticket was a doozy.  21 years old, dark country road, heading to the country bar in Denver with my friends.  90mph in a 55.  Those damn lights came out of nowhere.  Unfortunately, because of the speed it was considered “reckless driving” rather than just a plain old ticket.  I had to go to court. 

I pulled myself together.  Wore a dress even!  Had an eyebrow ring that I hoped didn’t make me look like a hoodlum.  BUT this was Greeley, CO in 1996.  The judge was an old white dude that clearly had no time for anyone of color or who had a vagina.  Put both together and the outcome was not pleasant. 

I asked for community service like he had just given the lovely frat boy before me.  He said what I needed was to see a podiatrist to get the lead out of my foot.  Such a hoot, that guy.  I ended up with a $300 fine.  I wrote a check that, of course, bounced.  So then I had a warrant out. 

I paid off the warrant weeks later and then promptly got pulled over for a busted headlight.  THANK GOODNESS I had already paid the court.  Could you imagine this much cuteness in jail???????  No ticket that time because I have big boobs. 



#7  Birthday-  July and I don’t want to discuss it. 




 #8  Addiction 

Where to begin?  When it comes to things like drugs or alcohol, I do not have an addictive nature.  Yay.  But I do go through spurts with food.  Surprise surprise.  One summer I ate those Thai crystal rolls everyday for lunch for 2 weeks straight.  Then I didn’t eat them again for over a year. 

A couple of months ago it was tacos.  *harhar* 3 street tacos from Whole Foods every day for about a week. 

When I’m over it, I’m totally over it. 

What else am I addicted to?  Oh I mean besides my wonderful chick?  *wink*  Gross.

Hmmmmm I guess I get addicted to working out when I’m in a good groove.  My groove isn’t great lately, but I’m still moving my ass at least 5 times a week. 

Nothing else really. 

Oh I’m kinda addicted to this game on facebook- Klondike.  But that’s just dorky, so we won’t get into it. 






1 comment:

K J and the kids said...

40 sucks. I'm not kidding either. SUCKS !
Happy Birthday to 2 super cute girls.
Orange is the new Black baby. You would have been someone's serious bitch had you gone off for not paying that warrant. Think of the stories you could tell.