Okay. I'm not as angry as I was the other day, and I'm sure I'll be even less angry tomorrow. I don't feel like my eyes are burning anymore, and I feel more... ok.
Even though we're "illegal", Rebeca and I are solid. Our little family is strong and full of love. I'm lucky enough to have a partner in this crazy life. I'm fortunate to have friends and family who love and support us.
To put everything into perspective, even though Lingle is a moron and her veto was a huge disappointment, I'm thankful that I live in a country where I won't be put to death for being gay. ( I'm reading "Say You're One of Them" by Uwem Akpan.) My life could be so much worse somewhere else.
I'm not giving up the fight. If anything I'm more determined to get involved. I'm going to have to make room in my mommy-life for more of an activist life. I need to regain some of the person that I used to be.
I could go on and on about how the veto is unfair and how religion has no place in government, but that's not very productive. Plus it makes my eye twitch.
But here are a few things that enrich my life and what the stupid government can't take away:
-Rebeca and I are coming up on 10 years of being together. She and I have a great love.
-Isa and Maya Everything they are and everything they make me.... more than words can describe
- Both sides of our families love us and treat us with respect. We're extremely lucky in that regard.
- Our friends who always have our backs. They give us words of encouragement. They help us to be brave.
And for all of this, I am truly grateful.
1 comment:
SOOOO much to be grateful for.
Thanks for helping me remember that I do too :)
Post a Comment