Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 1- Intro, pic and facts

Intro to Stacy 101- 35 almost 36 *pleh*. Mommy to Isa (4 in May) and Maya (2 in May). In love and life with Rebeca since October 2000. Pre-k teacher with a passion for the Reggio Emil.ia approach. Air Force brat, born in Panama, moved to Hawaii when I was 14. Lived in Colorado for 13 years and now back home in Hawaii.

15 Facts that will rock your world...

1. I am 4'10"3/4 and I still aspire to be 5'. One day, my friend, one day.

2. The summer after 2nd grade my mom enrolled me in clown school, piano, softball and putt-putt golf lessons. Mommy needed some "space" I guess.

3. When I was 5 I was going to be a vet by day and a clown by night. And my favorite color was black.

4. The women in my family (mom's side) have the "gift" of seeing spirits. Always the first born girl. My mom (oldest of 3), me (oldest of 2), my cousin Jen (mom's younger sister's daughter) and my cousin Kimi (mom's youngest sister's 1st daughter). And although Isa is not of my loins, she seems to have inherited this lovely gene.

5. I am ordained and have officiated at 4 weddings so far. At one point in my life I wanted to go to seminary and become a "real" minister. Still a thought in my head at times, but I think I swear too much.

6. I had a dog book when I was about 8 and I memorized all the different breeds. It's one of my useless knowledge things.

7. I am a book whore/snob. If I have a hardcover copy of a book, it's not for reading. I have to get the paperback version as well. I also don't like broken spines. When I first met Rebeca, my book collection is what turned her on.

8. Before meeting Rebeca I made a 77-item list of what I wanted in my next gf. Extremely specific and somewhat shallow. When we met she was 74 of these items. The only ones she fell short on were 1. She didn't wear glasses. 2. She didn't drive a nice car. And 3. She smoked. (I smoked too, but that's beside the point.)

9. Rebeca and I met on Planet.Out during the early days of interweb dating. We lied for a couple of years and told people that we met at "Rent" or at the bookstore where I worked.

10. I played rugby in college and it was probably one of the best times in my life. We were "the only straight team in Colorado" until I came out. :)

11. I started working when I was 12. I'm tired now.

12. When I was younger I was a damn good activist. Now, I make a mean shoyu chicken. I miss my younger self. I used to protest outside of bars and speak on panels in front of college classes. I was brave and so very proud. I'm still proud, just a lot more busy.

13. I have a fascination with "the other". I love shows like "Hoarding", "Intervention", "Lockdown", "My Strange Addiction", "Taboo" etc. I'm so vanilla, it must be some sort of projection.

14. I have 4 small tattoos and want to do one last huge one on my back All four of my family mons (crests) on a tree. I regret the lambda tattoo on my left boob. It was so dumb, but I'm thinking of turning it into a K for both of my daughter's middle names. Remember how I was such a proud gay? That's what I did with some of that pride. *sigh*

15. I like answering questions. Mostly because I like to ask them back. When Rebeca and I were first corresponding, I asked her so many questions she teased me about it. But I had to weed out the nut jobs, right?


And last but not least a recent picture. This was taken about a week ago. I was officiating at my friend's wedding.

3 comments:

This Mom said...

Okay so we would seriously be great friends in real life, sure you don't want to move back to Denver???
I am TOTALLY the same way with my books. The hard covers I own are my pride and joy because they are in beautiful condition. I am the only person that can read them and I always take the dust jacket off when it's being read so it doesn't get bent or torn. The paperbacks look damn good too, as I don't break spines. I hold them in the most uncomfortable position to ensure their pretty spines. Not long after we started living together, Shell let a friend of hers borrow one of my paperbacks. When she told me I freaked and told her that if the spine was broken when I got it back, she(Shell) had to buy me a new one. That was the last time she loaned my books out without first giving the person a stern warning on the proper way to treat my books... That sounds horrible, but somehow I think you understand.
AND...I LOVE answering questions too! I am really open and usually when people preface a question with "if it's too personal just tell me", I almost always answer it. Knowledge is power and since it's usually referring to my sexuality or my family make-up, I know that the less ignorance in the world, the better.

K J and the kids said...

You are super cool :)
Other than the book thing....which I get because I'm freaky about other things....we share a lot in common too. Well except for the short thing...I'm 5'9 and being born in Panama and an air force brat.

I haven't been to clown school but I can juggle. kind of.
I see spirits too. So did my grandma and so does Syd. :)

I loved reading all of this about you. I think it's great.
And I do hope that one day you can officiate my wedding in beautiful Hawaii :)

Kirsten said...

I concur. You are super cool.
And my wifey is a marine brat, lived in panama and hawaii during that time. She(and me) is very excited to read your blog, now that we found you :)