The meaning behind my blog name.
When Rebeca and I started dating, we promised ourselves that we would "go slow". Whatever the hell that means. For us it meant playing it cooooool and not admitting how much we dug each other. I was fresh out of a dysfunctional 2 year relationship with my first real (gay) girlfriend. And dearest Rebeca still had an old lady (seriously, she was 10 years older) when we started talking. I told her that I wouldn't kiss her until her ball and chain were no more. I also told her that I had a no-sex-for-3-months rule. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!
So as we're being oh so suave we'd often play a game we called "Hypothetical". As in, "This is hypothetical, but do you want to have kids one day?" or "Would you ever want a wedding ceremony? Hypothetically, of course." So busy trying to protect our hearts. :)
And now all those hypothetical scenarios are our realities. We have the kids and one day we'll most likely have a ceremony. I'm so glad we fell in love, as hard as we were trying not too.
3 comments:
Such a great story! And I can't believe that you lived in Northglenn. That's right around the corner! Are you renting out your house now?
We are! We tried to sell before we moved, but would have had to pay a ton of money. We were off 112th and York. :) I bet you know where that is. Next time we live there, we'll totally hang out!
What an amazing life...hypothetically speaking.
Post a Comment