As I've said before, Maya has been a little brute lately at school. If someone tries to take something away from her, she'll fight for it and then whack the offender once she's won it. Fantastic. So we've been reminding her to use her "gentle hands" and "kind words" everyday.
The other afternoon, Rebeca was chatting with her about her behavior during lunch. Maya was sitting on the couch and Rebeca was kneeling in front of her.
Rebeca: blah blah blah kind words blah blah blah no playing with your lunch etc etc do you understand?
Maya: Okay Mama
Rebeca: blah blah blah
Maya: Good night! *falls back into the couch, closes her eyes and starts to snore*
Lord help us.
2 comments:
Coming from someone who has FIVE little people who like to handle situations themselves.
I'll pray for you.
AND, I'll tell you that they grow out of it. for the most part.
We were at the park yesterday for labor day and a guy walked up and told Janice, who was standing 2 feet away but visiting with my brother and not watching Ryan, that, "your kid keeps hitting my daughter !!!"
It's embarrassing and humiliating and it always makes me feel like a shitty ass parent.
What I've learned is. Who cares. they grow out of it.
for the most part. ;-)
Your kid rocks. What I meant to say of course is that I'm sure she will grow out of it :)
Post a Comment