Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Introduction

I guess if by some chance someone reads this, I should introduce who we are.

Me: (Stacy) 34 Air Force brat, parents from Hawaii. Graduated from high school in Hawaii and moved
to Colorado for college. While there, played rugby, drank a lot of alcohol, came out, had a girlfriend or
two, moved to Lake Powell then to Vail, went back to school for my second senior year, graduated,
managed a bookstore, met Rebeca, went to graduate school, taught many a toddler, moved to Hawaii.

Rebeca: 34 and partner of 9 years Colorado native, teacher, discovered my awesomeness and made
me her girlfriend. :) I'll give more detail after gaining permission. lol

Isa: 2 years old going on 14 First born, hasn't stopped talking since she was 16 months
old, loves anything that has to do with the color purple, trains, princesses, nail polish, books and
microphones. She's the epitome of "the first born" stereotype and constantly challenges us, winning
every now and then.

Maya: almost 9 months old, chunk of love, enjoys cuddling and eating, does not enjoy getting
out of the bath or plain oatmeal. Thinks sleep is for punks and would much rather chase the dog
and find random things to stuff into her mouth.

We moved to Hawaii to be closer to my family since we've lived close to Rebeca's for the last 8 1/2 years.
I thought it would be a good idea. I still do at times, but have since discovered that coming home at 34
is quite different from just visiting during the summer. It's been interesting, and I use that term loosely, to
try to be an independent adult in a place where everyone knows your name (first and last), knows your family
and knows your business.

I miss the anonymity of our Colorado life, but I do want these girls to have a chance to grow up in Hawaii
for a little while. It's a unique experience. Give and take I suppose.

No comments: