Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Today...

I got really excited about a new pack of clothespins. *sigh* What does that say about my life?

Maya has decided that she'll only nap if she's 1. in our bed and 2. if I'm laying next to her so that she can hold on to my knee. *double sigh* Although I have no objection to lounging in bed, I have SHIT to do!! And it would be nice to have a child free moment every now and again. I just keep reminding myself that sooner or later she won't even want me around, so I should relish these times. It has to be my new mantra "Enjoy her now...she'll hate you later." *ohhhhmmm*

As for the other daughter. Isa all of a sudden "doesn't know how" to go potty by herself. It turns into a huge power struggle starting at 7am. So I bought some poster board today and we're going to do a Potty By Your Damn Self chart for fun and prizes. Hopefully it works because all of this "I don't know how to take off my pants" and "Youuuuuu turn on the light" crap is getting old. And all of it is done with a little smirk that she'd better lose soon. I'm not opposed to sending her to work in the pineapple fields at age 3.

She drives me insane, but at the same time she's so damn funny! In the morning she'll ask my grandmother, "Baba, what's your plan for the day?" Like she's so grown.

Alright, time to offer my knee to the bebe.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Oh mama, I feel you! I have to remind myself that Leah will want nothing to do with me when she's 13... Hugs to you!