Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Monday, February 1, 2010

No, really....


Quite the shitty blogger.

I just can't seem to get addicted to it like so many others. I used to be a loyal journal
writer, but this blog thing is escaping me. Too public? Not sure. But I really want to be
good at this. I'm not journaling as of late, so I need to record my stuff somewhere. It's not
like my poor kids are so lucky to have baby books to look back on. :) I suck at those too.

February, 2010. What's new? Maya is almost 9 months old. She's a search and destroy
baby and nothing is safe from her grasp. She's cruising like an expert and seems to have
go-go gadget arms that can find and clutch anything she sets her sights on. She's eating
baby food of all sorts. I was being super Betty and making her food for a little while, but
that too has fallen to the wayside. It's so different having a baby that we don't have to be
so uber careful of when it comes to food. She loves her sister big time and is also equally
concerned when Isa is near by. Sibling Catch-22. She's said "Ma-Ma" and "Mum Mum" a few
times, but prefers to yell at us to get our attention. She thinks signing is for fools and laughs
when I try to move her hands in a "more" or "please" motion. She's wearing the same sized
clothes as her big sister and her baby junk in the trunk only allows for full elastic stretch
pants. Poor kid. She's inherited her mothers' body type. lol She's also the most cuddly
baby you'd ever want to meet. She sleeps best when she's touching our skin and would like
to commandeer our bed until puberty.

Isa, on the other hand, is quite the opposite in every way. She's an independent, self assured
kid and is 2 going on 16. She wants to drive the car already and doesn't understand why she can't.
Seriously. She doesn't get it. Her allergies have gotten a lot better and she can eat tons of
stuff she couldn't before. Doesn't matter though, she's still a skinny mini. :) She's using the
potty full time now so we'll be getting her a bike soon. Her favorite color is purple at the moment
and she is beyond girly. Not sure where she got THAT from! She can often be found wearing a
princess dress while playing with her train set or tools. Thank god for balance. Her favorite word
to use with us is, "Actually' and that's normally followed with something that translates to, "You are
complete idiots, mothers." lol Can't wait until puberty!! :P She's totally missing school, and we're
still looking for a place for her to go. Since I'm staying at home for now, she doesn't really need
something full time, but she definitely needs something!! She gets a little bored playing with an 8
month old and a 90 year old all day. :)

Rebeca is doing well at her job. We still laugh about the fact that she's teaching Spanish. :) She's not sure
about where she'll be working next school year, but we're optimistic.

This whole multigenerational living thing can be crazy sometimes. Going from being completely independent
and just worrying about ourselves, to now being part of a larger family structure has taken some
getting used to. Sometimes I feel like I'm back to being a kid in my mom's house, and that's super annoying.
Plus, our style of parenting is not always in line with what my mom believes. Not that she says anything, but
I know she's biting her tongue. Whatever. The main reason I want to still live here is to save up money. We
definitely couldn't move out right now. So we'll just have to woman up and be patient. Easier said than done.

Wow! I think I may have caught up a little bit. I'm going to try harder. Need to be able to vent somewhere.

No comments: