Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Poopapalooza 2010

This is a story about poop. If your stomach can't handle it, please go on to happier entries. :)

Isa has been sickly all weekend. We went out to dinner Friday night at Big City Diner. She shared some calamari, fried noodles and fried rice. On the way home she found some blueberries and a sunbutter sandwich in her car seat compartment. They were from that day, so we didn't think anything about her eating them. Cut to 10pm that night. We hear her choking and gagging and suddenly start screaming. Rebeca runs down to her room and says that she's thrown up. Yuck. She takes Isa and I get to cleaning her bed. Chunks and chunks of fried noodles and blueberries. Everywhere. Of course, in the midst of this, Maya wakes up and starts crying, because Isa is crying. *sigh* Isa is still freaking out. She hasn't thrown up since she was 6 months old, so she has no idea what has happened. Poor kid. We finally get both of them back to bed.

Saturday Isa has a fever off and on and some very very very very stinky gas. Very.

Sunday the fever is gone in the morning, but comes back in the afternoon. She sleeps from 2:30ish until 6ish. She'll only drink a little water and eat some sorbet. We just wanted to get some liquid in her and to cool her down. Soon after bedtime she pukes again. This time not too bad, since she has a pretty empty stomach.

Today she wakes up in a great mood and no longer has a fever. We watch some Sesame Street and she eats some dry Kix and a piece of raisin bread. She drinks her water and plays all morning. 12:30, I'm feeding Maya a bottle. Isa goes off toward her bedroom and suddenly starts screaming and crying. She comes running out to the living room to where I'm feeding Maya.

Isa: *screaming something and crying*
Me: What?!
Isa: POOP!! POOP EVERYWHERE!!
So I think that the dog has pooped in her room or something. But as I get up I see it streaming down her leg in a river o' mustard.
Me: Okay, calm down. Just let me clean you up. Stay still!! Don't run!! ISA!! STOP RUNNING! STAY STILL!!! STAY RIGHT IN THAT SPOT!! DON'T TOUCH IT! KEEP STILL!! STOP! STOP!

For fucks sake! So, Isa does NOT do well with situations that are out of her perceived control. Hence the running amok. I heaved Maya into her crib which she was definitely NOT pleased with, grabbed up some wipes and started with Isa's body. Then I just put her entire self into the shower and started on the numerous splotches in the hallway. Disgusting. I could just see the dog coming to check what was going on, stepping in it or worse lapping it up. *heave*

Showered her off, put her in a diaper and off to nap she went. Maya, spent from all of her abandonment issues, drank the rest of her bottle and fell asleep as well. She gave me a couple of dirty looks, but I think she'll get over it.

I texted Rebeca to call me and when she did I told her that she could NEVER opt out of a poopy diaper again. :) She had the nerve to laugh at what happened!! Biznatch. I'm going to go buy some lunch with her hard earned money. *pbbbt*


Other than that, our weekend was quite uneventful. Had my first "living together in harmony" chat with my mom. I think it went well. :)

No comments: