
I am not a sparkly shoe wearer like Isa longs to be. She tried on 7 pairs of shoes and I felt like I was shopping with mini-Rebeca. "Yes, I see. So pretty. Nice. Umhm princesses. Great." Then I distracted her like I do her mom, "Don't you want to eat something?" It works.
Isa is either a princess or a ballerina daily. She LOVES to dress up in her leotard, tutu, tiaras (yes plural), and ball gowns. She wants "yellow hair" like Cinderella. That's a whole other post for another day. She is girlie to the max and it baffles me.
Maya, on the other hand, is our little puppy. Seriously. She adores all dogs and I think wants to be one. She barks at the dogs next door and pants like my mom's Yorkie. It's odd, yet cute at the same time. I remember having a kid in one of my classes who only responded if you called him Puppy. We had to give him commands in order for him to do anything.
Maya's new tricks:
-sticks out her tongue when you ask, "Donde estas tu lengua?" (I don't know if that's spelled correctly.)
-shakes her head no (especially when I'm telling her "no" and yet carries on with what she's doing)
-signs "more", "leche," "eat", and "all done".
Isa's new tricks:
-being a sasstress
Yesterday was not a day of patience for me. Isa started talking from the time she jumped out of bed and never stopped. By evening I was extremely tired of hearing her little elf voice. I was washing the dishes and she was bouncing all over the kitchen babbling about something in a voice too loud for my brain.
Me: Isa! Seriously!
Isa: For the love of God!!
*sigh* Then she just makes me laugh. It's her innate self defense mechanism that keeps her alive.
If I could remove two words from her vocabulary right now they would be how and come aka "How come?!" Makes my ears bleed and sometimes I just want to "SSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" her. But that wouldn't be nice.
*oooooohhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm*
No comments:
Post a Comment