Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring break toddler style

I remember when spring break meant lots and lots and lots of alcohol and maybe going somewhere if I wasn't too broke. One year a couple of my roommates and I did a cheap spring break just around Colorado. We drove to all the touristy places like Garden of the Gods and Rocky Mtn. National Park. Every morning we'd make our peanut butter tortilla wraps and head off. It was so much fun and we hardly spent a dime. Another spring break was spent in Mazatlan with a few hundred other college students. Craziness ensued and I came home with not a peso to my name but with a new fluency in ordering 2 for 1 strawberry coladas. Yum!

Last week one of my friends from college was on spring break. Now she's a teacher and has two cute kids. Much has changed since our time in school. We spent much of the week together enjoying toddler friendly activities and non-alcoholic beverages. *sigh* A good time was had by all. See if you can spot the picture of Maya and Isa that reminds me of college spring breaks. Also worries me a bit. Hint: "Are you HIGH Clarice?"





No comments: