Two moms. Two kids. Three generations living under one roof. Ai-yah.

Monday, January 30, 2012

A visit

As I've said before, Japanese people believe that our departed relatives often visit in the form of moths.  Especially during anniversaries or special occasions.  We haven't seen a really big moth around in quite a while.    


Earlier tonight this beautiful moth showed up outside of our front door.  It was brown with black spots and gold accents.  It was gorgeous.  It was also about 5 inches across.  


Tomorrow night is my grandma's funeral, but tonight we all gathered at the house for dinner.  Coincidence, or not, it's pretty damn cool.  :)  






3 comments:

K J and the kids said...

Talea polyphemus.

(that was my line in a play in Jr. High about a moth :)

Hi grandma.....go to the light !

liz said...

Beautiful! And my two cents worth says that it was not a coincidence at all. Thinking of you and your family, and wishing you a beautiful day of remembering.

Kirsten said...

I love that gram came for a visit! Although I would not make a good Japanese person...I'm terrified of moths.